• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I can't even get to that screen. I'll try again tonight.

Ok I’m speaking in my very best Foreign Accent, Customer Service Tech Support Voice…..

Ok, thank you very much sir. First I would like you to check your monitor cable. This is the thick black cable that goes from the little blinking computer box thingy to the back of the monitor. Did you find it? Ok good, can you tell me if it’s plugged in?

Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    I get that screen by running the gordonsreloadingtool application in the installed directory.

Maybe you need to reinstall (and no delete a bunch of stuff before its running?)? My installation was straightforward, then just ran the program.

You should get a zip and then extract it to the directory you want to keep it all in. In my particular install, it just sits on the desktop.

I get that screen by running the gordonsreloadingtool application in the installed directory.

Maybe you need to reinstall (and no delete a bunch of stuff before its running?)? My installation was straightforward, then just ran the program.

You should get a zip and then extract it to the directory you want to keep it all in. In my particular install, it just sits on the desktop.

I extracted it, loads- powder measure template...
    I can't successfully open it: word, paint, notepad, wordpad, microsoft store, etc. Nothing makes it open in the format ToolAA did a screenshot of. I just get a bunch of random symbols or a response "XYZ" cannot open this file.
    Not a clue on Earth as to what I'm doing wrong.

EDIT- "How do you want to open this file?" is what has me stumped- nothing seems to work.

Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    You extract the zip file (right click on it then extract all, to the location of your choice).

That should put a folder wit the highly build where ever you put it (desktop is fine, its not large).

That folder should have contents similar to....

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
      unnamed.jpg
      37.2 KB · Views: 75
    You extract the zip file (right click on it then extract all, to the location of your choice).

That should put a folder wit the highly build where ever you put it (desktop is fine, its not large).

That folder should have contents similar to....

I am at that point and have that screen.
    When I try to click on one of the items, it asks how I would like to open the file- no options allow me to open them, unless it is a bunch of random symbols.

Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    SHouldn't need to 'open with', just double left click the application to run. If that's not working, I suspect we're talking past each other and there's something else goin on that I'm not seeing.

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    GRT Powder database is getting better. A couple of us have submitted data for Reloder 15.5. Beginning work on LT-32. Just waiting on pressure test data before it is released. Keep in mind when comparing GRT and QL that the powder models are NOT interchangeable. GRT uses a 3 point powder model and QL a 2 point. Bullets are interchangeable though and easily designed by measurements in GRT as is cartridges. I've submitted cartridges myself as well as bullets. Much prefer GRT over QL for several reasons. Much more frequent updates, ability to design your own cartridges, bullets, OBT tool that works, directly import chrono and pressure trace data, ability to submit loads through GRT labs to keep data current, direct assistance via discord on any issues, and the list goes on. QL is falling behind quickly as GRT improves daily. There is also a Linux version.

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    Reloder 15.5 pressure data submitted to GRT so expect it to come out in the next release on patreon. Currently working on LT-32 and Lt30 powders with A2200 forthcoming. For the guys using GRT, upload your chrono data into your load file in GRT and submit it thru the GRT lab plugin within GRT. This helps keep the powder models up to date.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    They updated the GRT program and I had to download the new one. For some reason they removed Clays from the database. I was shooting my 45 colt at 40 yards yesterday to practice for deer season and went to to make sure I had 700 foot pounds of energy and no stats for my 4.6 grains and 200 grain bullets. It auto defaulted to leverevolution and not enough powder for a charge. I am not sure why they would remove known powders from the database that have not been changed.

Last edited:

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    I'm checking on it Rob. Possibly an issue with the powder model. I'll post the answer when I get it from them.

UPDATE: Spoke with Gordon and he tells me Clays was never in the database. Are you confusing GRT and QL?

Last edited:

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013
    I don;t have quick load. I thought I had clays in there I had a file for it. I guess I was mistaken and just went off the Hodgdon site info before. I was just wanting to take the 45 colt hunting and thought I could get the Ft lbs info

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    I don;t have quick load. I thought I had clays in there I had a file for it. I guess I was mistaken and just went off the Hodgdon site info before. I was just wanting to take the 45 colt hunting and thought I could get the Ft lbs info

It is possible to create your own powder models as well as cartridges and bullets in GRT. Once you do that, they would be saved in the user tab of the database.

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013
    I got questions. What is considered getting past safe on the load building in GRT? I am working on my ladder rounds for 30-06. Using cast rounds and will powder coat. Using NOE 165 grain mold and dropping rounds that average 158 and start at 16 -18 hardness and quenched 20 -22.

I am most concerned with the top charge. Getting close to the Max -15%, is it okay like this? Is it pushing it too much, or just fine?

The top charge is 40 grains of 4227 and 48785 psi and max is listed at 58740. 2671.6 fps. ladders dropping .5 grains

The bottom starting load is 35.5 grains and 2458 fps.

Its a new gun so I might fire off some Remi Core lokt to sight the scope and I can measure them. When measuring case capacity is it full of water to the top of the neck? Top of the flare?

Attachments

• GRT 30-06 4227.jpg
      GRT 30-06 4227.jpg
      57 KB · Views: 92
    • GRT 30-06 4227 Ladder.jpg
      GRT 30-06 4227 Ladder.jpg
      62.3 KB · Views: 89

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Based upon my work with cast in 7.62x39 and 54R, I think you need to watch the pressure more than any other parameter. Cast bullets will not hold up under high pressures. The match alloy pills I have should not exceed 18,500 PSI. This required some testing, but the low pressure cast loads I developed are very accurate out to 100 yards.

Not able to provide any input on the .30-06, but I would start very low, and work up slowly. My 54R loads are about 18,485 PSI according to GRT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom