• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Starting around Monday 8/9/21, Westbound Randoph Road will be closed to through traffic at Parklawn Dr. up to Nebel St.(at the railroad crossing).

This will be a nightmare around my shop. We are one block off of Randolph on the corner of Wilkins and Parklawn Dr. The detour will not be a smooth one...

Set to reopen some time in February(with any luck).

https://mocoshow.com/blog/pepco-project-closing-busy-section-of-randolph-road-for-several-months/

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Starting around Monday 8/9/21, Westbound Randoph Road will be closed to through traffic at Parklawn Dr. up to Nebel St.(at the railroad crossing).

This will be a nightmare around my shop. We are one block off of Randolph on the corner of Wilkins and Parklawn Dr. The detour will not be a smooth one...

Set to reopen some time in February(with any luck).

https://mocoshow.com/blog/pepco-project-closing-busy-section-of-randolph-road-for-several-months/

Down by Mom's Organic Market and not far from United?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Down by Mom's Organic Market and not far from United?
    Yes. They're continuing the conduit installation they've been working on for the last couple years. They need to get it under the R/R tracks where it will then hang a left(south) onto Nebel St.(which is already installed).

I've spent my entire 45 year career on or around the Nebel St. corridor. This is gonna suck bigly.
    Mike and sons will hate this

Place has never been the same since Sam and Mike left...

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Yes. They're continuing the conduit installation they've been working on for the last couple years. They need to get it under the R/R tracks where it will then hang a left(south) onto Nebel St.(which is already installed).

I've spent my entire 45 year career on or around the Nebel St. corridor. This is gonna suck bigly.

Place has never been the same since Sam and Mike left...

Yes, yes it will.

Is it PEPCO or contractors doing the work. 1.6 miles of water main in my neighborhood scheduled for two years. Currently at the end of year three and the roads are still a mess as the contractor (NPL) buggered the gas lines. On the other end of the spectrum, China builds a 34 mile tunnel bridge in 9 years.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yes, yes it will.

Is it PEPCO or contractors doing the work. 1.6 miles of water main in my neighborhood scheduled for two years. Currently at the end of year three and the roads are still a mess as the contractor (NPL) buggered the gas lines. On the other end of the spectrum, China builds a 34 mile tunnel bridge in 9 years.

From what I've been seeing, mostly contractors.

You won't catch me driving down no 34 mile Chinee burial, ahem-ahem, tunnel any time soon. Just say'n...

:D

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    From what I've been seeing, mostly contractors.

You won't catch me driving down no 34 mile Chinee burial, ahem-ahem, tunnel any time soon. Just say'n...

:D

Nor I B, but I know you get what I'm saying. I watched these hacks smashing down on the road with an excavator so hard it shook my house. What could possibly go wrong...

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Nor I B, but I know you get what I'm saying. I watched these hacks smashing down on the road with an excavator so hard it shook my house. What could possibly go wrong...

Oh yeah. Witnessed the same thing on Twinbrook Pkwy when they redid the water mains. It was three years by the time the roads were properly repaved. I drove down that Baja course every day. I couldn't imagine what the locals had to live with all that time.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    well fuge i travel that road every month to go to my docs office on rt 355. I turn left right after crossing over the RR Tracks on to Nebel st then the first right and right again on to 355 . i get their around 7am for my 7:30 appointment ... fuge will have to find a new way

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    They did water mains in our hood about five years ago. Numerous full-on Run For Your Lives run-ins with excavators and big gas lines. Finally the new mains were in, but the crappy hard cap on the trenches were what we had for a rad surface for TWO YEARS before they finally got around to a proper mill-and-pave operation. We had sleek, beautiful new asphalt for almost a week before two crews came along and start cutting it back open to re-do house connections to the new water main. And the new surface is already staring to slough off like the top layer of a lasagna at all of the intersections, because Lowest Bidder or something.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    They did water mains in our hood about five years ago. Numerous full-on Run For Your Lives run-ins with excavators and big gas lines. Finally the new mains were in, but the crappy hard cap on the trenches were what we had for a rad surface for TWO YEARS before they finally got around to a proper mill-and-pave operation. We had sleek, beautiful new asphalt for almost a week before two crews came along and start cutting it back open to re-do house connections to the new water main. And the new surface is already staring to slough off like the top layer of a lasagna at all of the intersections, because Lowest Bidder or something.

I had a nice road for 8 days. Milled, resurfaced and then the gophers went to work looking for gas leaks. I'm also in Monkey more specifically in Colesville. Some cat is getting fat.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Is United Guns between Parklawn Dr and Nebel St :confused:

Yes. AFAIK, eastbound traffic will still be open. Even still, you should still have access to all commerce before the R/R crossing. You just can't cross westbound. They can't just up and close businesses for five months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom