• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm probably buying a Mark7 Evo in 223 this month (or back-ordering it, I suppose). Is anyone running one of these? Anything I need to know? Not planning on getting the autodrive quite yet. Usage is gonna be 223, 300, and 9mm. (The 650 will be converted to large primer mode for 45 and 308.)

I am debating about whether to buy the Ultimate Die Pack they're offering. I am sure I could come up with something workable myself by buying individual dies, but I'd rather be able to tell them I'm using their dies if I need support. Thoughts?

(I did consider a Dillon 1100, but I like the Mark7 a bit better because it's designed to work with an autodrive, which is a long-term goal.)

Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    I keep looking at that. My 650 has a broken index return spring at the moment. So I am waiting on a replacement.

I like the mark 7 because it has more usable stations Than the 1100. The 5 stations on my 650 was good until I put in the bullet dropper. I just like the powder check and won’t give it up so I had to switch to a one step die for the seat and crimp, as it is just range ammo for 3Gun and Falling Steel... Their dies will probably be just fine and as long as they are not outrageously more expensive I would run their dies...

K

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yeah, my thought was that I'd really like to get my powder check back (albeit I never had a whole lot of success with the Dillon one with 9mm, it was always coming out of adjustment), and I can live with hand-seating bullets with 45 and 308 (which are comparatively low volume plays for me).

Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    Yeah, my thought was that I'd really like to get my powder check back (albeit I never had a whole lot of success with the Dillon one with 9mm, it was always coming out of adjustment), and I can live with hand-seating bullets with 45 and 308 (which are comparatively low volume plays for me).

I am running the Double Alpha one right now, though my Dillon ones worked fine for me. I give it a good enough rating. It can get finnickey and also overly sensitive.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Alright, I pulled the trigger on the Mark7 Evo, and got the 223 ultimate die pack and the MrBF. I am HOPING this is going to wind up being the path towards loading my own for everything I shoot.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Alright, I pulled the trigger on the Mark7 Evo, and got the 223 ultimate die pack and the MrBF. I am HOPING this is going to wind up being the path towards loading my own for everything I shoot.

So can I drop off a few thousand .223 brass, primers, powder, and projectiles and get a back some loaded rounds ? :D

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    So can I drop off a few thousand .223 brass, primers, powder, and projectiles and get a back some loaded rounds ? :D
    If I had bought the auto-drive, that would probably be a lot more feasible, but that's a project for next year. My shooting volume isn't high enough to make it a necessity... just a nicety.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Congrats on the new press. Hopefully it gets here sooner rather than later...
    It'll get here when it gets here. Not gonna lose a lot of sleep over it. I have a lot of 9mm to crank out on the 650 in the meantime.

Now, pricing out some future expansions... yikes. Those toolheads when you hit the big boy presses like the 1100 and Mark7 start getting EXPENSIVE. But I guess that's the price you pay for playing this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom