• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silverlax

Nov 13, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    It all depends on where you're hunting, conditions, and time of day due to the IR detecting difference in heat not necessarily blood. It would trace the difference in blood temp vs the temperature of the earth.

eshoremd

May 22, 2014
    Pasadena
    I dont like to get down at night when there are deer around me if I can help it. I dont know how many times ive waited till its dark dark and went to gather my things and get down and I got deer blowing all around me. The Flir makes it really easy to know whats going on around you when its dark.

I will say one thing i dislike about it is when storing in a fanny pack or backpack that power button can easily get hit and accidentally power on burning the charge. I wish it came with a carrying case. The auto power off on the leupold sounds like a nice feature.

Be nice to compare them side by side.

geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    I wanted a standalone IR camera and deer recovery was one of my uses cases, especially after my neighbor lost a real nice doe right next to my stand this year. Ended up going with the Seek Shotpro and I am pretty happy with it. While it has not been used for recovery yet I have tested it outside with my kids laying in the grass and behind bushes. In a semi open woods setting with a 40 degree temp delta you can easily see some heat 100-150 feet out. It also works decent in the thick stuff and I can see it being useful to get quick reads from a short distance away on all the deer like grass covered logs on the ground after dusk.

Silverlax

Nov 13, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    As with anything. Do you have one?

I have a Flir E40BX that I’ve used for approx. 6 yrs. Used it with coyotes, and cows calving out west, to deer tracking and scouting and a lot with work. Only thing with using that specific infrared is I have to cover the screen with a cloth over it and my head in order to keep the darkness.

bigcountry

Jan 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    I have a Flir E40BX that I’ve used for approx. 6 yrs. Used it with coyotes, and cows calving out west, to deer tracking and scouting and a lot with work. Only thing with using that specific infrared is I have to cover the screen with a cloth over it and my head in order to keep the darkness.

Thats the only reason I am considering the scout mononcular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom