• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Springfield just took down their reviews page on Facebook.

It's time that we all call them if that's the game they want to play.

Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. They made this mess.

Pstango

Sep 21, 2011
    Mary Esther, FL
    Springfield posted this on instagram. Smells like a whole lot of BS to me.

Attachments

• IMG_717.jpg
      IMG_717.jpg
      130.2 KB · Views: 330

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Springfield posted this on instagram. Smells like a whole lot of BS to me.

Yep total BS, plus it's too late a$$hole it already passed the Senate by 1 vote that your company allowed. It sounds like a statement from the left, "I fully support the 2nd amendment....but".

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I am raising the BS Flag here on RR and Springfield's response. I cant think of them not knowing about this unless their was no communication from their reps and or no one from RR and Springfield read the bill before hand and told them stop resisting or gave them card blanch in this. All it is they see which way the wind is blowing and $$ is not going to be coming to their door for the products because of their stupidity. IMO i think they could get away with this and no harm would come to them well they got caught big time and now its time they pay the piper....

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I am raising the BS Flag here on RR and Springfield's response. I cant think of them not knowing about this unless their was no communication from their reps and or no one from RR and Springfield read the bill before hand and told them stop resisting or gave them card blanch in this. All it is they see which way the wind is blowing and $$ is not going to be coming to their door for the products because of their stupidity. IMO i think they could get away with this and no harm would come to them well they got caught big time and now its time they pay the piper....

I agree. There's no way companies of this size aren't politically connected. They knew, they had to know.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    It's time for one or both of them to publicly make a very strong statement to the GA of Illinois. I am thinking they should do what beretta did and let them know if you pass this bill we are moving manufacturing out of your state.
    That hopefully would make a statement no one on the 2a side could argue with.
    When beretta did it and followed through with it I went out and bought a new shotgun from them that I wasn't even in the market for but it seemed like the right thing to do.

j.smooth4

Feb 24, 2017
    Laurel, MD
    Not buying any RRA or Springfield items now. People in Illinois are livid. Apparently this is going to kill gun shows in the state.

243hunter

Oct 26, 2012
    Illinois
    SA and RRA have both released statements that they have withdrawn their membership in the Illinois Firearm Manufacturers Association. Just more damage control, I don't believe they didn't know what they were doing. There is also a bill that will make is illegal to manufacturer assault weapons in the state of Illinois, so there goes their exemption, and would be shutdown.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The vote already happened, the current prostestations are after the barn doir has already run away.

The actual donations I'm less peeved about. At a certain point it's just a de facto political shakedown, and nobody mistakes it for a meaningful endorsement. You pay tribute to the people in power, so that they don't routinely punish you for spite . Witness Beretta used to routinely contribute to Mike Miller. When push came to shove didn't stop Beretta from speaking out, or Miller having deaf ears.

But the IFMA thing was real, and did influence potential swing votes in a close vote. There would need to be strong evidence that SA and RRA were forcefully urging their Lobbyist to do the right thing, and he blatently went rogue. Initial responses to the tune of " But, but, we didn't know " makes that unlikely.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Springfield Armory Severs Ties with IFMA For Acting “Against Our Principles”

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ld-armory-severs-ties-ifma-acting-principles/

The Executive Director of the Illinois Firearm Manufacturers Association (IFMA) acted without our prior knowledge and against our principles and those of the industry as a whole with respect to the Gun Dealer Licensing Act.

We no longer have confidence in IFMA and after speaking to other directors we have made the decision to sever all ties with the organization, effective immediately.

I take full responsibility for my failure of oversight in this case and deeply apologize to my employees, customers and industry partners for the distraction and divisiveness this situation has caused within our tight-knit community.

Our industry has always stood strong and fought fiercely together in the past and I am personally committed to defeating this harmful legislation. To that end, I have pledged to the NRA that we will bring the full resources of my company to bear in this fight.

We are not new to this battle, Springfield Armory has fought and defeated legislation like this in Illinois for decades. We are wholeheartedly against this bill and will fight shoulder-to-shoulder with the NRA, National Shooting Sports Foundation, the Illinois State Rifle Association and others to see it defeated as the unnecessary and harmful overreach that it is.

We want to assure all Americans, like us, who fight to protect the Second Amendment that we and our industry partners will leave no stone unturned to defeat this bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom