• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 243hunter

Oct 26, 2012
    Illinois
    Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms has went neutral on an IL Gun licensing bill because the manufacturers and big box stores have been exempted from the requirements of the bill.

IL gun owners are Contacting the above companies with their opposition and will be boycotting the companies.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2...-illinois-ffl-licensing-scheme-for-carve-out/

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Wow. Another compromise. Last time I checked, there was no compromise in the Second Amendment. I think my interest in another Springfield just died.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    As well as with RRA. I have a lot of their parts pulsing through my ARs. No more. They sold out, it seems.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Rightfully so. I have a few parts kits and NM triggers from them but no more. There's plenty of other companies out there that won't compromise that I am willing to spend my money with.

Same here, I spend a few hundred bucks a year on RRA parts, never again. I was also looking to get a 1911 in the next few months, Springfield is now off my list.

Pstango

Sep 21, 2011
    Mary Esther, FL
    Just found out about this last night. I'm no longer supporting either with my money... which is a hhhuuuge bummer since I've been eyeing a Springfield 1911 model for a couple of years now. I was planning on getting it this summer, but I guess that is out the door now.

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    I was also looking at a Springfield Armory 1911. I'll take that one off the list.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Make sure to e-mail them and let them know. I often buy RRA parts, but will move to someone else, now.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You can be sure the large retailers in the carve out were also party to this.

Sure you're right. In a sense, another way of looking at it, it was their way of 'watering down' the new law(when and if it passes). But, in the day of "optics", this just smells of lox.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Leave an email or make a phone call. This is important to let them know how badly they screwed up.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Are there any other companies based in Illinois that may be a member of the group that rolled over for this? LMT comes to mind but I'm unable to find a members list of the IFMA. The article in the OP did state that SAI and RRA were the largest contributors. Just wondering if there might be any other manufacturers who need some customer feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom