• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Site would not recognize my password. Clicked on the 'Forgot Password?' button and figured I'd change it. Twenty minutes later I had received no email, so I called licensing. I was told that every 45 days, passwords are shut down and you must get a new one. (And it won't allow you to re-use your old one.)

Yet another reason to hate Maryland.

Last edited:

MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    Yup, had to reset the password today... found that a bit surprising, but it is just par for course with the MSP.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Maybe i am confusing msps websites but I loved in to mine for the first time in 2 years or so.

Rick

NRA Life Member
    Feb 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore
    I had to change mine about a week ago. I hope they aren't going to block all previous passwords. I'd hate to think they're keeping a list of all my passwords.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Maybe i am confusing msps websites but I loved in to mine for the first time in 2 years or so.

This is the Handgun purchase page.

I had to reset mine, but guidance/confirmation emails came through fine on my phone.

Yeah, not liking the password list MSP may be snatching up. Like picking up your drink cups to snatch DNA.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    This is the Handgun purchase page.

I had to reset mine, but guidance/confirmation emails came through fine on my phone.

Yeah, not liking the password list MSP may be snatching up. Like picking up your drink cups to snatch DNA.

I wonder how many of the p/w are fvckUM$P1, fvckUM$P2, fvckUM$P3, etc.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Site would not recognize my password. Clicked on the 'Forgot Password?' button and figured I'd change it. Twenty minutes later I had received no email, so I called licensing. I was told that every 45 days, passwords are shut down and you must get a new one. (And it won't allow you to re-use your old one.)

Yet another reason to hate Maryland.

I guess you don't have a user name/password at work?

We have to reset all passwords every 90 days. Not only to log into our computers, but also for software system access once we are logged in.

NOT MD only, basic computer security.

One way to deal with this is pick a password with a number. Each time you have to change it, you add one to the number.

MDS*password1

Then MDS*password2, MDS*password3, etc.

At work, I am up to 80. :D

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    OP got me thinking, so I tried to log on as well. (I've been waiting on completing a purchase due to some customization and shop hours.) Rather than requiring a new password, it asked for an Authentication Code. Clicked on "Send Authentication Code" and seconds later I got the code. I entered the code and I was in.

remodeler1

Jul 23, 2013
    Frederick
    I tried to log in to the 77r portal 2 days ago & had to create a new password too. It said it expired & I last logged on in mid Feb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom