• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    So the apparent story from someone in the industry, is 2 undercover ATF agents went to them and wanted to buy the parts... all well and good. Then they asked for it to be drilled for them... and they did, thus violating NFA etc.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    So the apparent story from someone in the industry, is 2 undercover ATF agents went to them and wanted to buy the parts... all well and good. Then they asked for it to be drilled for them... and they did, thus violating NFA etc.

Who is the source? How reputable are they?

Because that's pretty F-ing stupid if they did that.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD

That's not true at all...

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    Yep, the more I think about it, the less it makes sense. If one of them drilled a hole for an undercover, that person would have been arrested and charged. SD Tactical would not necessarily be shut down as a result.

The atf was there for a routine visit because they moved their shop to a different state. While there the inspecting agent's opinion was that the solvent trap parts were suppressor parts because they are licensed to manufacture and sell suppressors.

He advised them to stop selling them, there were no charges or issues, just told them to stop.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    The atf was there for a routine visit because they moved their shop to a different state. While there the inspecting agent's opinion was that the solvent trap parts were suppressor parts because they are licensed to manufacture and sell suppressors.

He advised them to stop selling them, there were no charges or issues, just told them to stop.

We are with the government, and we are here to help. Run Forest, run!!!!!!!!!!!

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    10" F1 titanium reflex can with high temp paint. Don't know how to rotate pics!

Attachments

• IMG_0416.jpg
      IMG_0416.jpg
      111.6 KB · Views: 410
    • IMG_0417.jpg
      IMG_0417.jpg
      93.3 KB · Views: 400

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012

Attachments

• upsidedowngun1.jpg
      upsidedowngun1.jpg
      139.8 KB · Views: 382
    • upsidedowngun2.jpg
      upsidedowngun2.jpg
      116 KB · Views: 379

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I just submitted a Form 1 for a .30 can. :party29:

I'll probably get that approval back before the stamp for the SBS I applied for back in march :rolleyes:

Submitted July 1, 2016 and just got the e-mail that it was approved, today March 27, 2017. Absurd.

Is SD Tactical still in business? :rolleyes:

quattroginger

Feb 22, 2013
    i have had my form 1 approved since Sept. been crazy busy at work and work weekends. havent even been to a range in months. now that everything is slowing down i go to order parts i need and this. :(

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    I went with CrosshairCustoms for a D cell Titanium tube which arrives tomorrow. Will see if they have similar stuff as SDTA as the pictures of the tubes and endcaps looked quite similar. They did have a backlog with Ti tubes hence the delay. Freezeplugs c/o Napa online as usual.

Side note: Excellent painting of the Suppressor @ GottaEat

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom