• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Yea verily, I didst order a new barrel for my CETME C, and upon arrival, I didst utter profanities great and profound because apparently I amst incapable of reading the spec sheet for said barrel indicating it wast threaded 5/8-24 rather than M15x1.0.

But the price set upon the barrel was "really good," and rather than grouse about the situation, I didst set upon a plan involving raw steel and machine tools. Many chips have flown asunder, and much cutting fluid was consumed.

All is complete, but for threads of five-eights diameter and 24 pitch. Progress today constitutes a good stopping point, an appropriate thread-cutting appliance has been ordered, and a fermented malt beverage beckons.

Attachments

• IMGA0575.jpg
      IMGA0575.jpg
      101.2 KB · Views: 231
    • IMGA0576.jpg
      IMGA0576.jpg
      60.7 KB · Views: 210
    • IMGA0577.jpg
      IMGA0577.jpg
      54.8 KB · Views: 224

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Thou hath wrougt a fine addition to one's own Cetme.

Methinks thou has imbibed afore mentioned beverage prior to thine posting.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Thou hath wrougt a fine addition to one's own Cetme.

Methinks thou has imbibed afore mentioned beverage prior to thine posting.

This project almost belongs in the "guns you've obsessed on" as it has its origins immediately prior to FSA2013. Additional fabricated parts are expected forthwith, barring [additional] interruptions.

The tasty beverages were consumed after posting, as with machine tools and heavy equipment, alcohol and the intarwebz can be a dangerous combination.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    This project almost belongs in the "guns you've obsessed on" as it has its origins immediately prior to FSA2013. Additional fabricated parts are expected forthwith, barring [additional] interruptions.

The tasty beverages were consumed after posting, as with machine tools and heavy equipment, alcohol and the intarwebz can be a dangerous combination.

I hear ya. I don't know how people reload and watch TV at the same time. I never could do that, wouldn't want to do it either.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Yea verily, I didst order a new barrel for my CETME C, and upon arrival, I didst utter profanities great and profound because apparently I amst incapable of reading the spec sheet for said barrel indicating it wast threaded 5/8-24 rather than M15x1.0.

But the price set upon the barrel was "really good," and rather than grouse about the situation, I didst set upon a plan involving raw steel and machine tools. Many chips have flown asunder, and much cutting fluid was consumed.

All is complete, but for threads of five-eights diameter and 24 pitch. Progress today constitutes a good stopping point, an appropriate thread-cutting appliance has been ordered, and a fermented malt beverage beckons.

I like you!

Fine work too!!

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Sat on my butt this weekend, trying to convince an injury to heal. I figured that some light-weigh CAD modelling was in order (I don't sit on my butt well.) Took apart the trigger assembly and made reasonably detailed models of the elements. I have a much better understanding of how this thing works now ... and it's very different from the 91/G3 trigger mech.

Attachments

• cetme_trigger_assy.png
      cetme_trigger_assy.png
      19.6 KB · Views: 132
    • cetme_trigger_guts_2.png
      cetme_trigger_guts_2.png
      15.5 KB · Views: 134
    • cetme_trigger_guts.png
      cetme_trigger_guts.png
      15.8 KB · Views: 130

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts