• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I have never been to a show before but it sounds like, from reading on here, that the vendors are the same over and over? One guy was from TX. That's a heck of a drive to sell some stuff.

I spent a ridiculous amount of money on magazines, ammunition, bags, laser sights, and a safe. All for someone who doesn't own a firearm. I thought it was a fantastic showing. Donated to MSI and got one of the flag art from the veterans next door to MSI. Even bought some overpriced homemade fudge. No Hillary shirts though but lots of clever Trump stuff.

Definitely can't go back. I'd go broke.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Some more Magpul 20rd AK mags for my KS47 and a Magpul D60 mag (only $110)
    See any reasonably priced steel AK-47 mags, Bulgarians (say $40 for a 30 rd mag), Yugoslavian (maybe $20 for a 30 rd mag), or even Russian bakelite mags?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    Is there a state law that you cannot have a loaded gun at a gun show? On the coupon for this show it had that written across the bottom.

Thought about going but after seeing that, I figured meh I'll pass.

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    Is there a state law that you cannot have a loaded gun at a gun show? On the coupon for this show it had that written across the bottom.

I believe the show "must go on" with this caveat from their insurance company. If you've never been, or only go once a year, this Chantilly in general is not one to miss.

I hate speculating, but this may very well be the last (or only 1 or 2 away) from an up-spike in pricing. Naturally due to, what shall we call it, political contributions.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater

Probably not state law, just show rules. You can still carry, and when you enter they'll put a zip tie through your pistol that you (or they) can remove when you leave. Load up after you leave the building. Not a big deal, really.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    You can still carry, and when you enter they'll put a zip tie through your pistol that you (or they) can remove when you leave. Load up after you leave the building. Not a big deal, really.

it is a big deal, it's sacrelig. all our posts about boycotting tilted kilt and others that don't allow carry, and yet "we" don't allow carry at one of "our" events.

and having an empty, zip tied handgun on your person is most definitely not "carrying."

in my mind, having a bunch of folks unload outside the show and load after the show creates a much more dangerous situation than carrying inside the show and keeping it in your pants.

not beating on you Ed, just a sore point for me.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Are there dealers that understand the C&R license when selling to a Md. resident?

It's mixed. Most of the dealers there that specialize solely in C&R guns have no issues at all, and most of the private sellers "liquidating collections" of C&Rs have been fine as well in my experience. I've seen some of the high volume dealers that sell mostly new modern stuff refuse to accept C&R on eligible guns though.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    See any reasonably priced steel AK-47 mags, Bulgarians (say $40 for a 30 rd mag), Yugoslavian (maybe $20 for a 30 rd mag), or even Russian bakelite mags?

I saw some, mostly those refinished mags.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I saw some, mostly those refinished mags.
    Thanks. Saved me the drive. I have new Bulgarians and others awaiting me in the Midwest, but would have shot down to Chantilly if there were similar options.

Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    It's mixed. Most of the dealers there that specialize solely in C&R guns have no issues at all, and most of the private sellers "liquidating collections" of C&Rs have been fine as well in my experience. I've seen some of the high volume dealers that sell mostly new modern stuff refuse to accept C&R on eligible guns though.

Thanks for the info. I may take a drive down

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    $15 Magpul Glock Mags! It was a huge show, bigger than I remembered. Lots of cool stuff, lots of dudes who made it a point to smell as offensive as possible.

denimdan85

Aug 12, 2014
    Hanover, PA

Or when you are asked by the 80 year old woman who takes your ticket if you have any guns on you just say no, of course not, I am from Maryland.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    I think I'll just skip it.

Wouldn't mind looking for some classic guns but f it. Why spend money if I don't need to and if they want to disarm me and try to sell me the very thing they disarmed me of when I came in. I just see no point.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I guess everyone could petition the shows' promoters to pay the exorbitant cost for liability insurance (if available) at a big gun show. The promoters would pass those costs on to the vendors who would pass the costs onto the consumer.

Then everyone could just complain about prices going up significantly or vendors bailing out.

OR, "no I haven't any weapons"..... and exercise your rights discreetly the same way I don't take 15 guys into Starbucks each carrying their AR 15s.

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    I guess everyone could petition the shows' promoters to pay the exorbitant cost for liability insurance (if available) at a big gun show. The promoters would pass those costs on to the vendors who would pass the costs onto the consumer.

Then everyone could just complain about prices going up significantly or vendors bailing out.

OR, "no I haven't any weapons"..... and exercise your rights discreetly the same way I don't take 15 guys into Starbucks each carrying their AR 15s.
    Or maybe don't freak out and use some of that tacticool ninja stuff you learned on Youtube.:lol2::lol2:
    (Not you Docster. Just laughing at some of the nimrods.)

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA

are you absolutely 100% certain it's an insurance issue (cost) or mandate? i'm not saying it's not but i don't think it's reasonable to assume it is insurance-related. I'm not aware of any gunshops that mandate no carry for employees or customers and this is just a big gunshop. and i've handled insurance for my various employers (outside the firearms biz) for a few decades and that issue never came up.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I'll just buy accessories online and give my local gun store the chance to handle the sale of guns.

Less impulse buys that way :)

I can't disagree with this. I took my boys yesterday just so they could see the variety of guns that are on display. All little parts I was looking for (thread protectors, etc.) weren't that cheap. Half the people I talked to were giving incorrect information about what they were selling.

Worth the price of admission for the experience. Not worth it if you think you're going to save a bundle or get the best of the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom