• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Under The Gun Screening & Panel Discussion in Frederick
    FYI - I just noticed this anti event posted via Twitter. I would attend, but I will be out of town.

Should we protest the Frederick library's complicity in perpetrating this preposterous propaganda?
    Any thoughts?

Couric has already apologized for "deceptive" (read fraudulent) edits, and I thought the producer, EPIX had pulled the propaganda piece from distribution.

Library phone# to complain: 301-600-1630
    Frederick County Council# to complain: 301-600-1135 or email: councilmembers@frederickcountymd.gov

See: http://freebeacon.com/issues/audio-...ceptively-edited-interview-pro-gun-activists/

Under The Gun Screening & Panel Discussion in Frederick

Join us for a free screening of Katie Couric's documentary, Under The Gun, a compelling look at America's gun violence epidemic. Following the film, we'll have a panel discussion
    When:
    Sunday, 31 July, 1:30 PM

Where:
    C. Burr Artz Library
    110 E Patrick St
    Frederick, MD 21701

Join Maryland @MomsDemand for a screening of @UnderTheGunDoc on 7/31 at 1:30 p.m. http://every.tw/2adxA12 #frederickmd #MDPolitics

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I can't make it, but have sent an email to the Council members stating my disappointment in the airing of this and asking if they have invited pro-gun groups for the discussion afterwards.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Does anybody really attend these things?

If someone does and has an opposing viewpoint, IMO, they should think about what they can control and disseminate. Not just go to be an edited piñata. We have plenty of experience with that. Patriot Picket with video of our spokesman recounting Everytown's/Curric's errors and fraudulent behavior, and our objections and opposing viewpoints? Put it on our site or channel? Something where we control the content and venue (even if it is right outside their event).

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    The truly disturbing thing with the whole situation is that FredCo Government is appearing to grant legitimacy to the anti-gun cause, by allowing them to use a public library to push their agenda.

What the MDA doesn't realize is that FredCo residents are very heavily armed.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Moms demand action always has a large and packed table at every Frederick First Saturday event. Pisses me off every month I see them.

Hmmm, want to help man an MSI table at every Frederick First Saturday event?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Someone should suggest a screening of "ASSAULTED: Civil Rights Under Fire," a gun-rights documentary.

I used to have a legit copy, but only have a duplicate for personal use. Probably not kosher for viewing publicly.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    If it is a public event held in a public location, I don't see how they could stop it.

The reply I got (rather quickly) from the Commissioner's office:

I believe you are referring to a screening of this film at the C. Burr Artz Library planned for this weekend by the Frederick Chapter of Moms Demand Action. This group is not affiliated with the Frederick County Council nor is the Council a sponsor of the event.

Thank you for getting in touch,
    Jessica Fitzwater

Glad to hear this is just the Mom's using a public place. No different that DCW's suggestion, which I think is a great one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom