• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paperpounder

Jan 12, 2011
    Hampstead, MD / NC
    Good afternoon gents,

I am trying to figure out this whole transporting SBR thing. I have a couple questions. I am stationed at Lejeune now (off base) so all I have to do is fill out the 5320.20 and mail it to bring my SBR with me right ? I am trackin you can only do it in year intervals ? Also can I mail a hand written form? Any other tokens of advice ? Thanks

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Handwritten=yes, but I think you need to send two copies.

Not sure about your other questions.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Two copies.

Be aware that turn around times can vary a lot...anyone had one approved lately?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    You don't just mail the forms in and then travel. You must wait for an approved form to be mailed back to you before you travel. Handwritten is fine. I had to wait 4 months for one form. 1 month for another. It seems like a crap shoot with BATF. Keep the signed form or a copy with you when you travel.

Yes you can apply for a year at a time.

Tcap137

Jan 9, 2015
    Maryland seems to be trying to tell the ATF to block SBRs now. My form 20 (PCS to Maryland from Florida) took a month and a half to come back rejected, requiring submission of more official documents to contradict their made-up justification. When I talked to the reviewer on the phone, he seemed frustrated at the direction he's been given and very receptive to clarifying documents. I haven't gotten my approval letter in the mail yet (resubmission +1 week), but I think it should work out. I'll send you a PM with what I sent.

Tcap137

Jan 9, 2015
    BTW the variability of experiences in Maryland boggles my mind. You would think that at T+1.5 years of a bill passing they would have ironed out the particulars and have a consistent response for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom