• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wbgv

Sep 8, 2014
    Hedgesville
    ok,I'm pretty new here and don't know if this is the proper forum or question to ask...
    I am looking for a 91/30 Mosin...who,internet dealers ,has the best product for the $$ ?....are all the Mosins now being imported by CAI ?..or other importers like PW ?....still waiting on my C&R (5 weeks)...

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    First question: Do you have a C&R 03 license yet?
    If so - check with AIM or other online dealers.
    If not, either wait till you do - or check with IP's here.

dgtaurus

Feb 17, 2011
    Pasadena
    I would be a little picky about finding one. Since there are so many there is no reason to just settle. I think 2A sales is still selling them. Little bit more expensive there @ 180 but they are in better shape.

Jimbuck

May 26, 2009
    Big Dog had a good selection the last time I was down there. He had some pretty nice looking ones.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Not something I was interested in but there were several crates of them at the Timonium show last weekend. Hit the next gun show and pick up the best you find.

Turbohugh

Squib..
    Jan 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    2A has a crate full on display. They are not caked in cosmoline. I saw at least one hex receiver in the box. They all looked clean to me and not all shot out or beatup.
    If I were looking for a 91/30 I would check there if its local to you.

Wbgv

Sep 8, 2014
    Hedgesville
    2A has a crate full on display. They are not caked in cosmoline. I saw at least one hex receiver in the box. They all looked clean to me and not all shot out or beatup.
    If I were looking for a 91/30 I would check there if its local to you.

I would love to do that,but I live in WV and my C&R license has not come thru yet...call them and was told it is now taking 2-3 months and I'm only a month into it yet...saw a great Tula,round receiver,,in a crate,at Winchester,last weekend,but my hands were tied....now it's just a waiting game..I'll just wait till the license is in hand - then look.......and buy...and buy.....
    Thanks to all who responded...

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I would love to do that,but I live in WV and my C&R license has not come thru yet...call them and was told it is now taking 2-3 months and I'm only a month into it yet...saw a great Tula,round receiver,,in a crate,at Winchester,last weekend,but my hands were tied....now it's just a waiting game..I'll just wait till the license is in hand - then look.......and buy...and buy.....

I'm a little confused. I'm assuming you mean Winchester, VA and the seller was an FFL01 (a lot to assume).

C&R aside, WV and VA are neighboring states. Transfer of long guns (legal in both states) from a VA FFL01 to a WV resident (after a NICS or VA background check) should not be an issue.

I'm a MD resident and have had non-C&R long guns transferred to me from FFL01's in VA.

Am I missing something here?

Wbgv

Sep 8, 2014
    Hedgesville
    Confused

no,you're missing something....I was confused,you are right,I could have brought it home...have delt was handguns in the past...not longrifles...now I feel read dumb !

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I'm a little confused. I'm assuming you mean Winchester, VA and the seller was an FFL01 (a lot to assume).

C&R aside, WV and VA are neighboring states. Transfer of long guns (legal in both states) from a VA FFL01 to a WV resident (after a NICS or VA background check) should not be an issue.

I'm a MD resident and have had non-C&R long guns transferred to me from FFL01's in VA.

Am I missing something here?

Neighboring states has nothing to do with it. At least since 1986.

You can buy a long gun in ANY state, as long as the transaction is legal in the state of the sale and the state of your residence.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

If that was DK Firearms at Winchester show, you should have bought it. They handled a VA resident to MD resident transfer of an M1 Carbine for me at that show.

VA dealer to WV resident would have been NO problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom