• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SHOTTAS

Sep 29, 2012
    Waldorf, MD
    If you take the texas hunters course you will have a log in so you can stop and continue whenever you want. No time limit

mcflyszx7

Nov 21, 2010
    caroline county
    I started and finished the TX course between two days, then went onto MD DNR compass and entered the certification added the license to the cart and printed out my md hunting license. was very simple but effective course.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    I just did this do I have to go back in and change the certification from temporary when I get the real card?

Not sure. Maybe one of the other folks who've done this can chime in here.

I think one person said they just went to walmart or someplace & were able to get the license with the temporary card.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    I never got the real card from MD. TX sent me one though.

TX sent you the official hunter safety card? Did you wait until you got that to go & use for your MD hunting license, or did you use your temp TX card?

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    TX sent you the official hunter safety card? Did you wait until you got that to go & use for your MD hunting license, or did you use your temp TX card?

Yes, within the week, I received a permanent TX hunter safety card.

I did not wait for it though before applying, and used the temp TX card for the MD license. I was able to print a MD license but haven’t received more permanent one. Maybe I won't? Not sure really...I suspect that they would have sent it by now if they were planning on it, but who knows with MD?

Last edited:

hutchinsonkw

Dec 18, 2012
    Central Md
    The md license is just that piece of paper that you printed. When I got my temp hunter safety "card" after finishing the test I just logged into md dnr compass and imputed the number under certifications. I then went to Walmart less than an hour later and bought my license. I could of done it at home but I wanted the reg book from Walmart for my deer tags and new regs.

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    MD Instructors have the official cards at the test (supposed to), so when you receive it when pass the test. I'm unsure where you took the test & why they didn't have the cards. Contact the state office for a replacement.

NRA & SAF Life Member

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Yes, within the week, I received a permanent TX hunter safety card.

I did not wait for it though before applying, and used the temp TX card for the MD license. I was able to print a MD license but haven’t received more permanent one. Maybe I won't? Not sure really...I suspect that they would have sent it by now if they were planning on it, but who knows with MD?

There used to be a check box you clicked on that said you wanted a copy mailed to you...when you did it online otherwise what you printed is your license.

EastSiideRyda

Dec 3, 2013
    SoMD
    Thanks TTMD, I just finished the TX online hunter's ed, and purchased a MD hunting license...of course I haven't bought stamps as of yet since I'm not quite ready to hit the woods.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    thanks for this info!

I took the Texas course, passed it and then got my MD license all on the same day.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    You can also use the TX HS card as a training cert for the FL NR Permit. No live fire requirement. HS is a carve out in the FL statute that does not require a live fire component.

tntblaster

Jun 6, 2013
    If I am reading the Maryland HQL requirements correctly, the TX hunters safety course would not qualify for the HQL. Is that correct?

Regardless, this thread should be stickied!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom