• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I am a Germantown, MD resident; a few things to do. If you like nature walks, fishing, hiking, there is Seneca Creek State Park and Black Hills Regional Park; this time of year they have a winter lights show at Seneca Creek. There is a horse stable that does rides called Kings Valley Stables.

There are a number of restaurants as well, movie theatre, and nearby bowling alley. There is a sports bar/pool hall (Hard Times Cafe).

Sadly, no ranges lol; I go north to Frederick to shoot. Have fun!

IWLA Rockville is off Waring Station Rd.

cestrella13

Cosmoline Dreams
    Mar 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    IWLA Rockville is off Waring Station Rd.
    It is an invite-only range, which hopefully, I can manage to be invited to someday lol. That club is literally down the street from me.

I go to Cresap on Sunday mornings; I do not mind the drive, but couldn't argue shooting more closer to home.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Actually it's not. I was a member there for several years. All you do is contact the membership chairman, come to a meeting and introduce yourself to the B of D, the B of D approves you, then take the range safety course. Other IWLA chapters require sponsorship, but not Rockville.

You can get the membership chairman's number off the national IWLA site.

cestrella13

Cosmoline Dreams
    Mar 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Actually it's not. I was a member there for several years. All you do is contact the membership chairman, come to a meeting and introduce yourself to the B of D, the B of D approves you, then take the range safety course. Other IWLA chapters require sponsorship, but not Rockville.

Really? Lol, I am glad you have corrected me. I will look on the website today; question for you.
    You said you were a member for several years; did you leave for reasons specific to the club?

MikeTF

Ultimate Member

Some IWLAs have experienced so much growth that they have had to cap their membership numbers and have a waiting list to become a member. Damascus IWLA just went this route.

trap

Sep 26, 2010
    Germantown
    It is an invite-only range, which hopefully, I can manage to be invited to someday lol. That club is literally down the street from me.

I go to Cresap on Sunday mornings; I do not mind the drive, but couldn't argue shooting more closer to home.
    send me a PM if you want to check the IWLA range or to shoot. you can be my guest. i will be shooting there later today and possibly tomorrow afternoon

cestrella13

Cosmoline Dreams
    Mar 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    send me a PM if you want to check the IWLA range or to shoot. you can be my guest. i will be shooting there later today and possibly tomorrow afternoon
    Wow Trap, thank you for your offer! I will send you a pm; I usually work Saturday and shoot early on Sundays, but I am sure we can work something out that is good for you.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Really? Lol, I am glad you have corrected me. I will look on the website today; question for you.
    You said you were a member for several years; did you leave for reasons specific to the club?

No, I had some health issues and I wanted to shoot on weekdays. Unless you are a RO, it's weekends only.

I shoot at the NRA Range in Fairfax almost exclusively now.

ETA http://www.iwla.org/index.php?ht=d/ChapterDetailsMO/divCode/22/chapCode/105

www.iwla-rockville.com

Membership Process: Once your membership application is received and processed, you will be contacted to attend a board of directors meeting. You will have an opportunity to learn in depth about the Chapter and be asked to introduce yourself to the board. After a vote by the board, assuming you are recommended for membership, you will be required to attend a general membership meeting to be sworn in as a member. General membership meetings are routinely held on the first Friday of every month. The board of directors meets on the third Friday of each month.
    Click here to download our Membership Application.

NRA Range

BigBoiB

Jun 4, 2013
    MoCo, Md.... for now!

Wow Trap, thank you for your offer! I will send you a pm; I usually work Saturday and shoot early on Sundays, but I am sure we can work something out that is good for you.

Trap took me over to check out the place and I enjoyed it and the people. (Thanks again for the visit). I do plan on joining but unfortunately, they only have one memebership meeting per month and I've had conflict the last two months and this month. I'm hoping to join in January so maybe I'll see you up there sometime. For now I'll just stick with Gilbert's in Rockville.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Contact Info:

Rockville Chapter
    Property/Meeting Site:
    18301 Waring Station Road
    Germantown, MD 20875
    Chapter Website:
    www.IWLA-Rockville.com
    To Join Contact:
    Judy Danish
    (Membership Officer)
    Phone:
    (301)916-9191
    Email:
    judydanish@msn.co

MikeH

May 9, 2005
    If you like sushi, Yuraku has a Saturday lunch buffet that's the bomb.

Yuraku has lunch buffet every day of the week except Monday, when they are closed.

Along the Asian food theme, Honey Pig Korean Barbecue just opened recently at the same strip mall. They are open 24/7.

bbarrows32

Golf Guru
    Feb 25, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    I live in Germantown...

Walmart is hit or miss for ammo

I am from Lancaster area originally. The Amish market is certainly not trip worthy.

I would go to Black Hill park or Seneca Creek park...its basically the only two places I will go in Germantown besides Wegmans and Famous Dave's BBQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom