• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I usually tighten down the reciever screws pretty hard. I do have a FAT wrench and did not use it on this last assembly of the barrel. I"m following Smith Sights accurizing. I did shim up the 2 points as shown in his article. I may need to go back over it some more though.
    http://www.smith-sights.com/accurizing-the-mosin-nagant-a-year-later.php
    I however did not have thin enough cork sheet so I used painter tape up front for now. I'll see if I can find some adhesive rubber gasket at work today and try that next.
    Any more info on "sniper barrel wrap"?

This is a copy/paste from a fellow collector who can shoot the lights out with any of his Mosin snipers-

"Basically you get light canvas and cut a strip about 3/4 of an inch wide and seven inches long or so. You put some light oil on it if you live in a damp climate and wrap it three of four times around the barrel above the front sling slot area. Then just carefully put the stock on again.
    (You can keep from scraping off shellac if you spread out your barrel bands with a small screwdriver before pushing them off.)
    I have also tried putting a small thin suede shim above the barrel under the foreward handguard, with good results on some rifles -you just need to experiment".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom