• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NiteOwl

Grasshoppa
    Sep 19, 2011
    Pylesville, MD
    My wife and I will be headed up to Massachusetts next week to spend some time with family before our baby is born. She has agreed to go to the Springfield Armory Museum with me while we're up there. So I'm just wondering... how long does it take to go through the whole thing? I know it all depends on how much you look at and how slow or fast you are, but I'm just looking for a rough ballpark figure. Also, is there anything in the collection I should make sure I don't miss? My wife's 26 weeks pregnant, so all the walking might end up being too much for her. We'll see!

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    My wife and I will be headed up to Massachusetts next week to spend some time with family before our baby is born. She has agreed to go to the Springfield Armory Museum with me while we're up there. So I'm just wondering... how long does it take to go through the whole thing? I know it all depends on how much you look at and how slow or fast you are, but I'm just looking for a rough ballpark figure. Also, is there anything in the collection I should make sure I don't miss? My wife's 26 weeks pregnant, so all the walking might end up being too much for her. We'll see!

I haven't been through that museum, but I've been through having a pregnant wife. Do both of yourselves a favor ... find a male relative up there who would like to see the museum with you and find someone for your wife to comfortably hang out with where there are soft chairs and restrooms.

NiteOwl

Grasshoppa
    Sep 19, 2011
    Pylesville, MD
    I haven't been through that museum, but I've been through having a pregnant wife. Do both of yourselves a favor ... find a male relative up there who would like to see the museum with you and find someone for your wife to comfortably hang out with where there are soft chairs and restrooms.

Good point. But my wife likes to insist that she can still do everything the same way, even with a baby in her. Maybe walking around a museum will convince her otherwise. :D

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Never been to the Springfield Armory Museum but I've heard its awesome. I have been to the Austrian War Museum in Vienna though. Now that one I highly recommend if you ever go there. It will literally take you a whole day to walk through with everything from Franz Ferdinand's car and bloody coat to captured Turkish weapons and valuables from their invasion(s) of Europe. The place was also built to look like a palace.

MikeH

May 9, 2005
    If you are interested in all periods of firearm history, you can easily spend half a day just browsing through the collections. Last time I went, I only had a couple of hours before catching a flight. Pretty much skipped anything older than M1903.

cow goes mooo

Huh? What?...
    Mar 26, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    @Niteowl

I went to the Springfield Armory Museum last summer. It is not a very large museum. You start the tour by watching a 20 minute or so video about the armory. From there the rest of the tour is a walking around some of the old lade machines and exhibits of the Garand and M16 designs. You can easily walk around the museum and see all the exhibits within 1 to 1.5 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom