• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jayc0968

Cpl, U.S.M.C. 87-92
    Sep 22, 2009
    Crofton, MD
    "...I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

AMEN!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

jayc0968

Cpl, U.S.M.C. 87-92
    Sep 22, 2009
    Crofton, MD
    The letter generated when I did this through dickmorris.com, with my added flair.

July 6, 2012

Dear Representative Sarbanes,
    Dear Senator Cardin,
    Dear Senator Mikulski,

We, the undersigned, call on Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and President Barack Obama not to sign the Arms Trade Treaty on July 27th in New York City. We believe it will lead to international gun control passed without consulting the American people.

What private, law-abiding Americans do in OUR country should be of no concern to the U.N. The U.S. should leave the U.N. and kick them out of New York!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Sincerely,

Mr. Jeffrey Clark, veteran, U.S.M.C.

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    As with everything on this board, I got your back - we MUST be related! :D

In the article ,nothing is really set in stone, other than we as a nation would be controlled by the U.N.

As far as firearm Regulations, if they ban imports i guess i'll have to get an Ar in 556/223.

As for confiscation. From my cold dead hands. At that point it wont matter anyway. Your going to die either way. Anybody say Fascist Germany.

Now wheres all the "Where do you come up with that" folks.Read the News.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    before everyone freaks, has anyone actually seen what is in this yet? Like from a primary source of some kind? There's lots of heresay all over the place. I would like to see what we're actually getting involved with.

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    before everyone freaks, has anyone actually seen what is in this yet? Like from a primary source of some kind? There's lots of heresay all over the place. I would like to see what we're actually getting involved with.

THERE IS NO SUCH TREATY.

As pointed out by baltigger and others, there have been preparatory meetings ("PREPCOM"s) aimed at mapping a path toward such a treaty, but they have made no real progress and come very close to blowing up, especially the most recent one, last February (don't take my word for it: http://www.un.org/disarmament/conva...pCom4 Documents/PrepCom Report_E_20120307.pdf ).

See here: http://www.un.org/disarmament/convarms/ArmsTradeTreaty/

At the rate the UN moves any serious treaty draft would take years to emerge and could take decades, IF it ever goes anywhere. Regardless, no President can do anything to bind the US without ratification of the treaty by 67 Senators. Read this: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_transcript.html and see in particular Art II Sec 2: The President "shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur..." Neither Obama nor any other occupant of the Oval Office can do a damn thing but send a treaty to the Senate for advice and consent to ratification. Without 67 Senators it's a waste of paper.

Does anybody think 67 Senators would ever go along with the kind of nonsense some have suggested, even if it ever actually materializes, which is far off, perhaps infinitely? If you do, I want some of whatever you're smoking.

Maybe we could fire up a group buy on chill pills.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    THERE IS NO SUCH TREATY.

As pointed out by baltigger and others, there have been preparatory meetings ("PREPCOM"s) aimed at mapping a path toward such a treaty, but they have made no real progress and come very close to blowing up, especially the most recent one, last February (don't take my word for it: http://www.un.org/disarmament/conva...pCom4 Documents/PrepCom Report_E_20120307.pdf ).

See here: http://www.un.org/disarmament/convarms/ArmsTradeTreaty/

At the rate the UN moves any serious treaty draft would take years to emerge and could take decades, IF it ever goes anywhere. Regardless, no President can do anything to bind the US without ratification of the treaty by 67 Senators. Read this: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_transcript.html and see in particular Art II Sec 2: The President "shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur..." Neither Obama nor any other occupant of the Oval Office can do a damn thing but send a treaty to the Senate for advice and consent to ratification. Without 67 Senators it's a waste of paper.

Does anybody think 67 Senators would ever go along with the kind of nonsense some have suggested, even if it ever actually materializes, which is far off, perhaps infinitely? If you do, I want some of whatever you're smoking.

Maybe we could fire up a group buy on chill pills.

right, so the energy going into this thing that doesn't exist could better be applied to md's fight for shall issue or even our national fight for national reciprocity.

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp

Yea , same here. But comming from any Clinton or Gun grabbers,it may be one of those things that has to be passed to see whats in it.:sad20:

Knuckle66

One of the 365
    Mar 11, 2012
    Hagerstown
    followed the link and sent the pre typed email out. just got a response:
    Dear Mr.:

Thanks for getting in touch with me to express your views on the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty (ATT). It's good to hear from you.

The UN Arms Trade Treaty would control the international trade of conventional firearms. This treaty would regulate the legal, international trade of conventional weapons, in an effort to keep these weapons out of the hands of human rights abusers and members of organized crime. It is currently in the initial stages and has not been officially negotiated.

The ATT will have no impact on domestic legal arms sales in the United States. This is something that the United States insisted upon as a condition of joining the talks. In October 2009, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton personally championed a provision in the UN General Assembly that gave countries the exclusive authority to regulate arms within their borders. I appreciate hearing your concerns about this treaty. Knowing of your views on this issue will be helpful to me should President Obama present this treaty for ratification to the Senate.

Again, thanks for contacting me. Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.

Sincerely,
    Barbara A. Mikulski
    United States Senator

I received the same letter from Mrs. Mikulski.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom