• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHaze

Mar 15, 2011
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Purchaser must take physical possession in another state. Otherwise, illegal. Agree on :thumbdown:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jimsoden

Super Lurker
    Sep 25, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    I know a tactical shop (I'm not naming the shop) in Maryland that is owned and operated by active duty/retired LEO that will sell any size magazine including drum mags to walk-in customers. There is a sign over the magazine racks that says "LEO and Active Duty Military Only", but if you are neither they will disassemble the magazines, throws them in a brown bag and sell them as magazine parts kits. IMHO it's too sketchy for me, but I have seen customers bold enough to pay for their purchases by credit card, give name and addresses for their customer accounts/invoices. The reciepts list the items as "magazine parts kits". Only time will tell if this is a sting operation to bust people.

Waaay too grey an area to f*ck with. Excuse my French. :sad20:

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I totally agreed, but let me ask this question...

Has anyone ever heard of a single person getting busted for the buying, selling, etc, high capacity law in Maryland?

Thank you

And i put new followers in most of my gi mags and new springs and followers in my gf's gi's. They had completly different followers and the mapuls wouldnt fit with the springs hence why it needed new springs. Ill be damned if im driving outa state to do that. Do you hand your buddy/gf/wife/family member a mag at the range? Well, thats a tranfer, and this was explained to me by an IP

I prefer the black market for my mags. Deals for buyin in bulk, cheapest prices and they each come with kittens to shoot

jimsoden

Super Lurker
    Sep 25, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    I totally agreed, but let me ask this question...

Has anyone ever heard of a single person getting busted for the buying, selling, etc, high capacity law in Maryland?

No, but just for fun, we could set up the OP for a sting with the help our one of trusty LEOs on this board? :lol2:

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Maryland Criminal Law Section 4-305
    More Sharing ServicesShare|
    Article - Criminal Law

§ 4-305.
    (a) This section does not apply to a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine.
    (b) A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

I would not want a liberal judge making this call for me..........just saying

Well looky there, purchase is listed seperate from transfer. Guess all of you are going to jail. So therefore the act of showing someone 30rd mag and handing it to them for them to see is illegal. You all have misrepresented the forum, you should all now chop 1 digit off for each time you transferred a mag over the cap of 20.

MDphinfan02

May 12, 2012
    Move on damn..... who really cares there is a drug house down street that we call and call and the police dont do shit i dont think they really are bothered by a mag transfer..... talk about hijacking a thread...... think they would have to prove in court where you got it and thats gonna be pretty damn tough

MDphinfan02

May 12, 2012
    Oh and i also dont where a seatbelt lets all freak out and have another 6 page debate on how bad that makes the shooting comm look hahaha move on

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    Maryland Criminal Law Section 4-305
    More Sharing ServicesShare|
    Article - Criminal Law

§ 4-305.
    (a) This section does not apply to a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine.
    (b) A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

I would not want a liberal judge making this call for me..........just saying
    So those 25-round .22 AR-15 conversion mags are illegal too?

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    I'm not getting involved in the debate regarding the mag capacity laws of MD, as they suck.

I buy my used 30rd PMAGS from www.unammo.com and couldn't be any happier with them. I don't know if he'll break them down into parts kits but you can call him and ask. I know copesdistributing.com does for AK mags.

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    You can find vendors selling switch blades and "stun guns" (where illegal) in MD...also drugs and stolen goods...doesnt mean it's okay to buy them.

I bet if you came across them you would buy them if you did not have any. That is like saying you do not download movies or music. Or buy from pawn shops. There is no real difference. Most say they are selling "parts kits" its a joke it is a mag no matter if you slap it together or buy it whole. That law is stupid it is ok to own them but not buy them here wtf kind of idiot thought that up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom