• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    ...you are probably a regular poster on MDS that is making him or her nervous.

http://www.stagarms.com/product_info.php?cPath=13_45&products_id=368

I have noticed that a lot of companies (Wilson Combat comes to mind) are coming out with products marketed to wealthier professionals and executives. Wilson Combat at least has some status as a remarkable yet upscale brand. Not the first thing I think of with Stag (though I have no problem with them).

What I appreciate about this particular offering is that it assumes the owner will probably never open the box, never fire more than 60 rounds (definitely won't practice - hence the EOTech), never need more than 2 mags (and in MD those would be 10 rounders), and probably not need to eat for more than a day. And with the human/pet first aid kit, that his prized pure bred doggie will be with him when the SHTF.

Anyone think it will actually sell? Anyone have better suggestions for an ideal firearm oriented executive surivors kit?

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    BTW, MD law allows you to own any mag, you can't buy over 20 rounds in state. The 10 rule was a Federal thing, 1994-2004.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    There is a buyer for every odd-ball scheme..., Stag is just jumping on the bandwagon here and pandoring to some people's self-inflated ego, or sense of paranoia... whichever fits really.

Odds are it'll sell, maybe not in great number's, but it will sell because Stag actually makes some pretty good stuff for the price range. Although I will say, I have an EO-Tech 512, I'm out on the range a few times a month, if not a few times a week...

Executives and Firearms go together like Politicians and Honesty...

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    BTW, MD law allows you to own any mag, you can't buy over 20 rounds in state. The 10 rule was a Federal thing, 1994-2004.

I know. But in the text it says that it comes with 2 30 round magazines or 2 10 round magazines if your state doesn't allow the 30s. Hence why you would get 10 rounders - not due to MD or Federal law, but because Stag packages it that way.

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    Although I will say, I have an EO-Tech 512, I'm out on the range a few times a month, if not a few times a week...

I like shooting my 512 too. But if you never went shooting, you'd probably be happier with the 512 than trying to use iron sights for the first time in your life. Whenever I take newbies out shooting, they always love holos and red dots because they are so easy!

Agree that some people will probably buy this and Stag will make good money on it. Why is it that business executives (mainly those that would jump on something like this) make some of the worst personal finance decisions, especially status items, yet are entrusted to make good corporate investments?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I wouldn't call this a 'Status Item', the people that are truly after the 'status' are going to go elsewhere, simply because Stag isn't touted as a 'Top Tier' maker. Now for the people that are willing to spend a bit on a gimmick but get something reliable and actually well-made for the money, then it's worth looking at.

I'll give you that, to newb's and even experienced shooter's, there's not much easier than an RDO, put dot on target and send it down-range, point-click interfacing at it's best.

Not just executives, any individual with too much disposable income is prone to poor financial decision-making, how many broke atheletes, singer's/rapper's and etc. do you know of, could be a long list.

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    That's what I found funny about - it's packaged, priced, and marketed in a status oriented way to me...and yet is Stag. Good brand but not one that makes people insert a salivating emoticon or anything.

Maybe it is just a connection I am making to Wilson Combat's professional/executive marketing approach that isn't apparent to others (Mark at 2A inflicted one of their catalogues on me but I have resisted temptation). That would truly be a status item at their price point, level of refinement, and reputation even amongst educated gun owners.

Perhaps this is more in line with other overpriced prepacked survival items: executive bug out bag, off grid solar system, precious metals (not all of course, but there are companies that prey on the less informed in that market too), and 1-5 year food supplies - entry level (meaning commitment, obviously not price) survivalism and prepping is getting more mainstream all the time. I also have friends (nowhere near wealthy) who have thrown good money after bad due to clever marketing in that space.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Stuff they left out:

- One forty-five caliber automatic
    - Two boxes of ammunition
    - Four days' concentrated emergency rations
    - One drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills
    - One miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible
    - One hundred dollars in rubles
    - One hundred dollars in gold
    - Nine packs of chewing gum
    - One issue of prophylactics
    - Three lipsticks
    - Three pair of nylon stockings

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Stuff they left out:

- One forty-five caliber automatic
    - Two boxes of ammunition
    - Four days' concentrated emergency rations
    - One drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills
    - One miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible
    - One hundred dollars in rubles
    - One hundred dollars in gold
    - Nine packs of chewing gum
    - One issue of prophylactics
    - Three lipsticks
    - Three pair of nylon stockings

sounds like a good weekend in vagas!!!:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!!!!

BigMBobbyOP

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2011
    PA
    Its so not worth the extra $1000 on top of the rifle but this is obvoiusly for people who don't care about the $ in which case, its a pretty awesome gift.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Executive buyers are a growing lot, I cant tell you how many times i have been in a gunshop and a suit walks in with an interest in ARs.

That said, this stuff is gimic like the S&W bear kits. Who really bites?

HomerSimpson

Nov 30, 2008
    Executive buyers are a growing lot, I cant tell you how many times i have been in a gunshop and a suit walks in with an interest in ARs.
    Had one of them come in the range the other day... brand new AR-10 with brand new ACOG and no clue how to use either one :sad20:

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel

That said, this stuff is gimic like the S&W bear kits. Who really bites?

Agreed. I know a newbie who was interested in a 500 JIC. I even ran down some prices for him at the Chantilly gun show and discovered that these guns were about 50% more expensive than similar guns without the kit.

It's just madness to think of a newb buying a .500 Smith or a pistol grip shotgun. At least most of the stuff in this kit seems pretty sensible, especially for a newb.

I can't even imagine walking around a SHTF environment with nothing but the contents of this case. Contents is the big word. I'd dump the case immediately, along with some of what's inside. Maybe I'll get lucky and a bunch of Fallout-style vendors will appear the moment that SHTF. Maybe I can trade a couple spare rounds for the case.

Forest

The AR guy
    Jul 13, 2011
    i was wondering how that added up to 2000 grand or whatever it was...maybe 2300? the gun is 100,500 for the eotech, and then what?

3 boxes ammo ($60 - I'm assuming they didn't give you FMJ)
    2 magazines ($25)
    sling ($60)
    Pellican case ($120 right there)
    Cleaning Kit ($30)
    Gerber Multitool ($25)
    Gerber Flashlight ($25)
    First Aid kit ($20)
    AMP ($300)
    MRE ($12)

BTW I love how they included 1 whole MRE - who living high on the hog there. You'd think they would select a 3600 Cal Coast Guard Approved Ration Bar (they store far longer and will feed you for longer).

Last edited:

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    BTW I love how they included 1 whole MRE - who living high on the hog there. You'd think they would select a 3600 Cal Coast Guard Approved Ration Bar (they store far longer and will feed you for longer).

I thought that MREs have an "official" expiration date, but no one is really sure just how long they can last. I know that I've seen at least three different kinds of "box art" on MREs over the years.

I also think that it would be hilarious if the executive survival kits were packed exclusively with veggie omelets. :puke2:

Forest

The AR guy
    Jul 13, 2011
    I thought that MREs have an "official" expiration date, but no one is really sure just how long they can last. I know that I've seen at least three different kinds of "box art" on MREs over the years.
    I know it varies based on storage temperture. Kept in the equivalent of a refridgerator they can last years. In your car's hot trunk? Life is measured in months. (one reason why I like the 'Lifeboat Rations' 5 years storage life even in the trunk of a car).

I also think that it would be hilarious if the executive survival kits were packed exclusively with veggie omelets. :puke2:
    :lol: You are one evil dude - :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom