• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I know a lady that has an FAL that she wants to sell. It was her deceased husbands. What does she need to do in order to sell it legally. She has no receipt or other papers on it. Can she just do a transfer at the State police Barracks or does she need to do something else?

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Yes

Have her the the make model and serial number with her. Leave the firearm at home...

I thought MSP needed the gun there.
    Otherwise couldn't I sell you a gun and have it registered to you even though I never laid eyes on the gun?

Every time I was there a trooper came out to the car to visually verify the information about the firearm was correct.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I thought MSP needed the gun there.
    Otherwise couldn't I sell you a gun and have it registered to you even though I never laid eyes on the gun?

Every time I was there a trooper came out to the car to visually verify the information about the firearm was correct.

That's a good thing to mention. Maryland has no registration, just recordation. To verify the purchaser is not a prohibited person.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    That's a good thing to mention. Maryland has no registration, just recordation. To verify the purchaser is not a prohibited person.

Are you saying that a regulated firearm may be transferred at a MSP barracks without the firearm being there?

Are you saying those forms you sign when a regulated firearm in transferred to you say something other than "registration" on them?

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I must be missing something.
    I am not getting much of an answer.
    Is someone being told that a regulated firearm can be transferred at the MSP barracks without the gun even being there?
    That's what it looks like to me.
    Did the procedure change since I did this last maybe 6 months ago?
    I have ALWAYS had a trooper come out to the parking lot to verify the information on the gun.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The trooper has to verify the serial number. I doubt he'll go to the lady's home to do that. She should take the rifle to the barracks, and leave it in the trunk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom