• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Yeah, this kind of stupid sh1t is not what I want my tax dollars spent on. Useless fckers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Something, something, pre-emption.

Something about MoCo fvcking itself.

:tap:

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    The reporters lack of understanding of what a ghost gun is just mind boggling stupid. And the proposed law changes are so dumb that it laughable.

An unfinished receiver is going to require a HQL to buy? So all plastic and metal sold in the county will require people to get an HQL? Do they even know what they are proposing?

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Let's not forget how easily an automatic can be built from polycarbonate blocks...

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    The reporters lack of understanding of what a ghost gun is just mind boggling stupid. And the proposed law changes are so dumb that it laughable.

An unfinished receiver is going to require a HQL to buy? So all plastic and metal sold in the county will require people to get an HQL? Do they even know what they are proposing?

*****No, they don't. That's the problem. I have neighbors who are well educated professionals who think you can order a fully automatic M4 or M16 with armor piercing bullets that explode on impact off the internet, or at a gun show... They have NO clue and don't care. I could correct them and show them data, etc... They don't care... They want the guns banned from civilians and confiscated from those same civilians for everyone's safety.. This is what we are dealing with in a pretty decently sized segment of the population, at least around here.. :sad20:

I imagine reporters, and many members of the general assembly and other politicians have little knowledge about firearms and don't care either. It's not rational but that won't stop them from writing laws that infringe on our rights as we have now.

Guess which party controls the levers of government and the legislative and judicial branch of government right now... Laws can be changed, and they just might be in a way that makes many gun owners felons overnight. That's the reality, unfortunately.

I'll repeat: they don't care. They want guns gone (except the police and military as long as they are on their side, after suitable background checks and interviews..)

Norton is right: at some point our voting records will come out publicly and be used as part of an overall strategy to consolidate their position. They play dirty and (to them) it's for the greater good.

IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    Sorry All,
    No more blocks of aluminum with holes drilled or cut in them, can be purchased or sold in MOCO. Sounds like a law proposed by MOFO's.
    Who ya gonna call!

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    “All I can tell you is, there always seems to be a problem with Maryland.’"
    -Ugo Gussalli Beretta

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    This is a lot of non-productive whining. I emailed Councilmember Albornoz as a resident of MoCo and asked to discuss my concerns with him, as someone who's actually built a ghost gun before and has kids.

I also requested a couple of other miscellaneous changes to MoCo weapons law, including formally removing the ban on shipping ammo into the county and putting in some sort of ft-lb floor on the firearms definition (to avoid criminalizing nerf guns and super soakers). We'll see where it goes.

Unfortunately, based on this WTOP article, it's looking very likely that state legislation is going to happen this year:
    https://wtop.com/maryland/2021/01/maryland-state-county-lawmakers-target-ghost-guns/

Seems like Delegate Lopez finally figured out why the previous bills kept failing, and isn't going to make the same mistake. We'll see what his bill's text says. :/

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Albornoz said communities of color are “disproportionately affected” by gun violence and added, “The more we can do to get these tools of destruction out of the hands of people who nefariously plan on using them, the safer we will all be.”

why not simply get the people who nefarious plan on using them out of the community instead?

Take away one tool, another will be used.

But the families of guns don't vote and don't pay into the court business...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom