The gun you wish wasn't on "The List"....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    The practical side of me says AK, FAL and M1A. However the part of me that buys stupid shit for no reason agrees with Matt and the Tec 9 :D

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    FN/FAL - should have bought one before the infestation in the State House decided I couldn't have one. What does it say about a state whose government bars a law-abiding-tax-paying-church-going-family man from purchasing a rifle in the state of his birth and lifelong residence?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    M1A and a Thompson although I’m over the Thompson.

I never got the point of a semi auto Thompson.

At least you can still buy a Polytech M14S

FAL no real options...………..I keep thinking of squirreling a kit away for the day I get out of MD>

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    AFPEeju.jpg

Valmet M76

Valmet M76 in 7.62x51. To this day, I have never fired another military-issue service rifle that was as accurate or had better iron sights. The Finns really did it right. While it may resemble an AK from the outside, it had very little in-common on the inside. 1982 price at the Rod & Gun Club on-base: $750 for a brand new semi-auto civilian version. Still kick myself for not buying one when I had the chance but, I was young, dumb and had no sense of urgency back then.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    AFPEeju.jpg

Valmet M76

Valmet M76 in 7.62x51. To this day, I have never fired another military-issue service rifle that was as accurate or had better iron sights. The Finns really did it right. While it may resemble an AK from the outside, it had very little in-common on the inside. 1982 price at the Rod & Gun Club on-base: $750 for a brand new semi-auto civilian version. Still kick myself for not buying one when I had the chance but, I was young, dumb and had no sense of urgency back then.
    You sir have fine tastes. That is definitely a good one to regret.

So many (rare and expensive) guns banned, so much desire to make spite purchases if I am able to make it out of MD . . .

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    The practical side of me says AK, FAL and M1A. However the part of me that buys stupid shit for no reason agrees with Matt and the Tec 9 :D

Every gun nut wants to have one day where they dual wield tec 9s at the range like simon Phoenix. They may never touch the Guns again as they rot in the safe but for that 15 seconds you knew how to use the 3 sea shells lol

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I should have bought a decent AK but didn't. The thing I did wrong was buying handguns at inflated prices because I claimed I would never get an HQL ! I would have been better served buying soon to be banned long guns. I also miss the new "Raven" line up not being available. :)

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    My permanent MD rifle collection.

You complain you can’t buy, I complain that I can’t sell. Wife complains that I just use the FSA as a reason to keep them.

Waiting till we move to Free America. Just don’t want to put up with the hassle of the online auctions.

SA M1A Scout
    Bushmaster AR15 Heat Dissipater

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    You sir have fine tastes. That is definitely a good one to regret.

So many (rare and expensive) guns banned, so much desire to make spite purchases if I am able to make it out of MD . . .

I'd never even heard of it until the Finns came to town to train at Doughboy City and got selected for 'aggressor duty' that week. Berlin Brigade at the time had the most elaborate facility in NATO to teach soldiers how to clear buildings, set booby traps, etc. Finland wasn't a part of NATO but was definitely anti-Soviet so we welcomed them with open arms. That also meant we got to spend a day at the range familiarizing with their guns and they with ours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom