• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    After being in the safe for a long time. I am considering selling two rifles that are on the banned list to fund another project.

Yes, I'm aware that I can not sell it to another marylander. So I thought I would ask those who were in the same situation. Did you guys use gunbroker or other forums to sell it?

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Can also use an FFL to sell. Consignment, etc.. Local dealers can sell to out of staters, or could sell to an FFL across the line.

Could also sell to an individual out of state, just have to meet at an FFL in buyers state for transfer.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    There's plenty of reasons to list in more than one place, including here.

There's a fair amount of non MD residents who are members. Also, isn't the Classified section open to the public? Doesn't specify MD public. Just take care in how you word your ad. IANAL

There's plenty of reasons to list in more than one place, including here.

There's a fair amount of non MD residents who are members. Also, isn't the Classified section open to the public? Doesn't specify MD public. Just take care in how you word your ad. IANAL

MDS classifieds are only for items legal in Maryland. Banned items cannot be sold here- even to out of state residents. This happens often with > 10rd magazines.
    Mods will pull the ad without explanation.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    MDS classifieds are only for items legal in Maryland. Banned items cannot be sold here- even to out of state residents. This happens often with > 10rd magazines.
    I guess I stand corrected.

Appears your expertise extends to more than just h2O...

I anxious to hear others opine on this.

Be well.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

I suspect that's because the magazine law specifically states no sale or offering to sell magazines >10 rounds in the state of Maryland. I've noticed gun shops in Maryland near the PA border offer guns for sale to non-Maryland residents not legal to Maryland residents.

Falkus

Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Find a shop in Pennsylvania or Virginia that will let you consign it. What are you selling?

Am considering selling those two:
    Romarm Cugir SAR 3 .223
    Stag AR15 but haven't decided.

Might be in the picture for Local Marylanders in classified.
    CHINESE NORINCO SKS 7.62x39

I just rarely use it and thought I would fund a precision rifle in the near future.

Falkus

Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Another question: if I go to a shop in VA and I see something that I would like to have is legal in Maryland.

I could bring those and sell/trade/whatever it to him/her at the shop who has FFL. The Item such as Glock 43 would need to be shipping through FFL in Maryland unless its a precision bolt rifle

is that doable ?

Last edited:

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012

Are you saying that the classified section is for MD residents only? If what you are saying is correct then how do IP's offer for sale hand guns that haven't made the roster yet? Not being confrontational, just curious.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Another question: if I go to a shop in VA and I see something that I would like to have is legal in Maryland.

I could bring those and sell/trade/whatever it to him/her at the shop who has FFL.
    The purchase that I make would need to be shipping through FFL in Maryland unless its a precision bolt rifle

is that doable ?

No. In that scenario, so long as it is a long gun (and legal in Maryland) you can purchase at an out of state FFL and walk out the door with it. Only handguns must be shipped to an FFL in your state and the transfer done there.

Long gun sales out of state MUST be done through an FFL, even if private sales, but it is sole sourced FFL. Handguns out of state have to go through an FFL on both ends. In the state you are buying it in shipped to the FFL in the state you reside. I suppose that means you could take a handgun to PA and sell it to a guy in PA just going through a PA FFL without having to go through a MD FFL to be shipped to a PA FFL.

But if YOU went to VA to buy a handgun, the VA FFL would have to sell it to you and then ship it to an FFL in MD who would then do the transfer (and assumedly also charge you for the transfer).

Are you saying that the classified section is for MD residents only? If what you are saying is correct then how do IP's offer for sale hand guns that haven't made the roster yet? Not being confrontational, just curious.

Anyone with 50+ posts can post in the classifieds.
    What I was pointing out is that anything in the MDS classifieds must be legal to buy/sell within Maryland- regardless of the buyer/seller's location. IE- A VA resident can't post a pencil barrel AR w/30rd mags "only for sale to VA residents". The mods will pull the ad without explanation. I tried to sell a USPc with two 10rd mags and two 12rd mags (clarified non MD residents only) and my ad kept getting pulled. Upon reading the classified rules, it was explained why.

Ports

Aug 11, 2014
    I’ve found most LGS’s now just post consignment firearms on GB and then stash it out of site so it doesn’t compete with their own sales. Experienced it twice, so now I just post on GB and other sites then use friendly FFL for transfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    If the OP posts said long guns on Gunbroker, am I correct that he can ship to buyer at an out of state FFL via USPS, since its a long gun?

Falkus

Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    SAR 3 is legal in MD. Post it up here might be interested

Really ? Can you provide me the link that I can find it ?

From my info:
    http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx?&&p_Manufacturer=Smith%20%26%20Wesson&p_Status=Banned&&PageFirstRow=1&&View={EB794138-CE9C-4E9E-B3D2-B78C316F87DF}

Collapse MANUFACTURER : AK-47 TYPE FIREARM ‎(3)
    AK-47 Type Firearm
    AK-47 in all forms
    Banned Enumerated in Statue 10/1/2013

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads