• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    One thing we’ve learned from Covid that one year is the minimum amount of food stores needed. The grocery stores can be a zoo for a few months with sick people, low stock, etc. and it’s best to avoid them.

Since I have been sick for the last couple years I have been coals king some, but still have had many months worth of food plus the birds and eggs, but this stupid virus has put me back in gear a bit.

I could always shoot a few deer and turkey And freeze them but we generally have around 500 lbs of ground deer in the freezers at the farm for family use so I haven’t been pushed to do so , yet.

I have had some problems, so the dr says, with my bloodwork for the cancer and I have three appointments in the next six weeks, hopefully there’s no more bad news to slow me down again

Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    I picked up a hundred and twenty pounds of beef, pork and chicken and ordered a quarter of a beef

Gonna replace about 15-20 laying hens soon and butcher the ones I am replacing and freeze them

Hope to can 400-500 quarts of vegetables this summer and early fall also

We usually have 4-6 months worth of food here plus the birds and the eggs they lay but I am shooting for a full years worth

Now that is prepped! Good on ya!

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have a lot of batteries coming in. Got 12 CR123s, getting 25 CR2032s today. I need a few more CR2s, though, and a lot of AAs and AAAs, although I have a decent supply of them. I don't use Ds anymore, but I may pick some up anyway.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    My generator arrived yesterday......broken. All four rubber engine mounting brackets had ripped and the engine was just rattling around inside the frame.:mad54:

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I have a lot of batteries coming in. Got 12 CR123s, getting 25 CR2032s today. I need a few more CR2s, though, and a lot of AAs and AAAs, although I have a decent supply of them. I don't use Ds anymore, but I may pick some up anyway.

For your AA and AAA needs buy eneloops and a goalzero solar charger for a no power scenario. I use mine while camping and switched all our electronics to eneloops after losing some items to leaky duracells a few years ago.

churchmouse

May 24, 2020
    Indianapolis

OK now that sucks. Seriously.

We have plenty of generating power I just need to get the switchgear into both houses and the shop. I have all the parts/pieces required just Never enough time. :sad20:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia

We have plenty of generating power I just need to get the switchgear into both houses and the shop. I have all the parts/pieces required just Never enough time. :sad20:

I'm thinking you quoted the wrong post :lol: Either way, I have no idea how to hook up my apartment to a gas generator, and it would probably get stolen within two hours of actual use. I'd rather get a solar powered setup https://www.goalzero.com/shop/porta...AI1y2GE_JzFhGMAEkWeZOOyMgnw7vKfRoCQbkQAvD_BwE and not attract any attention. The battery is stackable, so you could possibly power your whole house off of some of the batteries while the others are charging. Pretty cool setup.

churchmouse

May 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I'm thinking you quoted the wrong post :lol: Either way, I have no idea how to hook up my apartment to a gas generator, and it would probably get stolen within two hours of actual use. I'd rather get a solar powered setup https://www.goalzero.com/shop/porta...AI1y2GE_JzFhGMAEkWeZOOyMgnw7vKfRoCQbkQAvD_BwE and not attract any attention. The battery is stackable, so you could possibly power your whole house off of some of the batteries while the others are charging. Pretty cool setup.

Yeah I missed it by that much......:innocent0

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland

To make it worse, I called the 800 number, was on hold for 48 minutes, talked to a guy for 1 minute and got disconnected. Then I had to call back and wait another 50 minutes. Got a slightly better generator for the same price as the other.

churchmouse

May 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    [Kev308];5907782 said:
    To make it worse, I called the 800 number, was on hold for 48 minutes, talked to a guy for 1 minute and got disconnected. Then I had to call back and wait another 50 minutes. Got a slightly better generator for the same price as the other.

Was this a ship/handling issue...???

churchmouse

May 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    [Kev308];5909040 said:
    I think so, maybe it was stacked vertically instead of laying flat, and the bumps in the road ripped the mounts. The box looked like it was in decent shape

We have improved our ability to generate enough power to run everything over the last few years buying/selling/trading "UP" on the site here in Indiana. Indiana Gun owners. Just did a couple of deals this spring and I believe we are on point with our needs. Very low hours units.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Got rice from the LDS store. Said sold out but they let me order and it shipped.

Attachments

• 78524D8B-13B7-42CD-BD95-683CAD2D152C.jpg
      78524D8B-13B7-42CD-BD95-683CAD2D152C.jpg
      80.1 KB · Views: 473

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Six number ten cans of dehydrated ground beef. One bucket of dehydrated Mixed fruit. Four large Tastle instant coffee.

13 cases of wet dog food. 17 forty lb bags of dry dog food.

A variety of PT lumber in 2x6 and 4x4 and PT ply.

Squincher packs and Pedialyte mix. Plenty.

2K @k food.

200 more rolls TP.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    FYI, large selection of prep tools and items, along with individual MREs and SOPAKCO cases at the Gettysburg Gun Show

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Six number ten cans of dehydrated ground beef. One bucket of dehydrated Mixed fruit. Four large Tastle instant coffee.

13 cases of wet dog food. 17 forty lb bags of dry dog food.

A variety of PT lumber in 2x6 and 4x4 and PT ply.

Squincher packs and Pedialyte mix. Plenty.

2K @k food.

200 more rolls TP.

What brand dehydrated ground beef?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom