• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I know previously, first timers who wanted to observe were welcome. Any thoughts about that for this or future events?

I decided to be an utterly clueless first timer And just throw myself on the mercy of the more experienced hands. If steel challenge experience is any guide, it should be better and a lot more fun to try than to just watch.

That said, hoping for some stage/ammo/Advil guidance before Sunday. Glad this is happening!

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I know previously, first timers who wanted to observe were welcome. Any thoughts about that for this or future events?

Sorry, but this event and all others are closed to observers for the foreseeable future. Any non registered person will be asked to step outside of the event area which will likely be an imaginary line drawn 5 feet from the driveway. You can see from back there, however it would be best if you just registered for the event. Due to several cancelations, we now have two slots available.

m1carbine

Mar 10, 2015
    Thank you for the updated schedule. I was hoping that the Thursday evening sessions would resume they were a blast last year.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Great Weekend

Quick Report on this weekends Matches

Saturday - IDPA - Great match - 5 squads with 9 shooters each - This was the most successful IDPA match we have had yet. Earned enough in match fees to order some several new barriers, barriers stands, and target stands.

Sunday - 3 Gun - Our first 5 stage event, including several targets out to 215 yards - Again, we have about 9 shooters per squad and earned enough to pay for half of the polish plate rack we are going to order (youtube it if you don't know what a Polish Plate Rack is; it will be another great prop for 3 Gun and Steel Challenge Rouge Stages)

The best part about the weekends matches is that everyone one was safe and respected the special rules in place to make sure we didn't end up on the 6 o'Clock news.

The only Action Shooting Event remaining in May in Thursday Evening, May 28th. This will be a pistol only event. We get started around 5 pm and shoot until we are either out of ammo or the sun goes down. Its only $5 and non badge holders are welcome to attend. There is no registration, so just show up, help set up/tear down, and have a good time. We will set up as many bays as we need to in order to make sure we have no more than 10 shooters per.

Keep an eye open for June registrations which will open next weekend.

Quick Report on this weekends Matches

Saturday - IDPA - Great match - 5 squads with 9 shooters each - This was the most successful IDPA match we have had yet. Earned enough in match fees to order some several new barriers, barriers stands, and target stands.

Sunday - 3 Gun - Our first 5 stage event, including several targets out to 215 yards - Again, we have about 9 shooters per squad and earned enough to pay for half of the polish plate rack we are going to order (youtube it if you don't know what a Polish Plate Rack is; it will be another great prop for 3 Gun and Steel Challenge Rouge Stages)

The best part about the weekends matches is that everyone one was safe and respected the special rules in place to make sure we didn't end up on the 6 o'Clock news.

The only Action Shooting Event remaining in May in Thursday Evening, May 28th. This will be a pistol only event. We get started around 5 pm and shoot until we are either out of ammo or the sun goes down. Its only $5 and non badge holders are welcome to attend. There is no registration, so just show up, help set up/tear down, and have a good time. We will set up as many bays as we need to in order to make sure we have no more than 10 shooters per.

Keep an eye open for June registrations which will open next weekend.

I got a little bit aroused upon viewing this. Will it, per chance, be on site for the 6/6 Steel Challenge?

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I got a little bit aroused upon viewing this. Will it, per chance, be on site for the 6/6 Steel Challenge?

I doubt we will have the Polish plate rack for a couple of months. We are now sourcing our props from GT Targets who is up in PA. We have to place the order and then get in line, but it is worth the wait. He is a one man show, but the stuff we have bought from will last a lifetime. I wish the price tag were the same as this one in the video though.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Thanks Mike (and Rick, and the setup folks and the ROs) for providing a much needed fun day of shootin’ stuff. My first 3-gun today, and ran into exactly the noob hurdles I expected. But enjoyed the kind ministrations of Fred & Tim, and the good guys in the squad. Already thinking through a lot I’ll do differently/better next time, but thoroughly enjoyed the good time and good will. Thanks to all.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Since the next Steel Challenge match will be on the anniversary of D-Day are there plans to draw up a "Storm the Beaches" stage? And yes, I would be happy to.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Thanks Mike (and Rick, and the setup folks and the ROs) for providing a much needed fun day of shootin’ stuff. My first 3-gun today, and ran into exactly the noob hurdles I expected. But enjoyed the kind ministrations of Fred & Tim, and the good guys in the squad. Already thinking through a lot I’ll do differently/better next time, but thoroughly enjoyed the good time and good will. Thanks to all.

Always good shooting with you Matt. You did well for your first time out. A little more game planning and mag capacity on the shotty and you'll be set.
    Some good stages. RO's were great and everyone in our squad was nice.
    All in all, a great day of shooting.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Always good shooting with you Matt. You did well for your first time out. A little more game planning and mag capacity on the shotty and you'll be set.
    Some good stages. RO's were great and everyone in our squad was nice.
    All in all, a great day of shooting.

Sounds like Fred and Tim deserve a raise.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Lol. Btw the rifle only stage was a blast, it would be great to have that as part of the match again.

Concur with this. Would have liked it to have gone two rounds since it was made easier. I'd have probably par'd out but the back and forth and up and down at different ranges was a great time.

Overall this whole match was extremely fun. Lots of motion finally and good target presentations.

Great job to the people designing the stages and it went really smoothly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom