• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    So, before Christmas I got a single shot .22lr Remington 514. The day after Christmas, I took my son to Lowes to get some hardware for my son's new gaming setup. I saw the little .22 nail gun powder charges on the shelf, and a stupid idea spun up. I have some pellet guns too. So, add them together. I thought I had an original thought, but looks like someone already tested my theory, so I won't. LOL

https://youtu.be/MOZpy55U-jY

Attachments

• 73326092_2935653039802522_6228509096748777472_o.jpg
      73326092_2935653039802522_6228509096748777472_o.jpg
      41.3 KB · Views: 1,090

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    People in Siberia, Afghanistan, and elsewhere used to reload .22 rimfire using matchheads for priming compound. They would reuse centerfire primers, too, carefully tapping out the dent and recharging the primer with the matchhead paste.

They also shredded camera and motion picture film (the old "non-safety " kind... pure celluloid) to use for propellant .

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    People in Siberia, Afghanistan, and elsewhere used to reload .22 rimfire using matchheads for priming compound. They would reuse centerfire primers, too, carefully tapping out the dent and recharging the primer with the matchhead paste.

They also shredded camera and motion picture film (the old "non-safety " kind... pure celluloid) to use for propellant .

Never underestimate the resourcefulness of people

Ever.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011

Never underestimate the resourcefulness of people

Ever.

Guy at work likes showing the videos of those Darwin Award winners. Necessity can be a mother, but when not necessary, just buy bullets. If you need some, I have a contact.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I have a 510 and my brother has a 514.

I watched a video some time ago with a guy using nail cartirdges and .22 pellets in a revolver. The high power nail cartridges were more powerful than any .22 he found

Sirex