• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Yeah, be nice to get what ya paid for from a semi-quasi government agency...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

At this point I don’t expect anything from the USPS except for them to do the exact opposite of what they should do.

My mail carrier won’t even get out of the truck 95% of the time to deliver a package and instead forces it into my mailbox even though it doesn’t fit. They also can’t be bothered to close the mailbox after they deliver the mail on a regular basis resulting in me coming home to wet mail hours later.

If they can’t complete a simple task of closing a mailbox do you really think they are competent enough to deliver a receipt?

Dizzy

Jul 21, 2008
    MD
    Funny. I totally forgot about this thread until today. Any point in sending a letter now? Especially since 2 weeks notice to send out a letter based upon dicta by a Federal Court Judge is clearly not enough time to inform the general public.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Funny. I totally forgot about this thread until today. Any point in sending a letter now? Especially since 2 weeks notice to send out a letter based upon dicta by a Federal Court Judge is clearly not enough time to inform the general public.

I'm afraid you didn't meet the cut off date. But I would highly suggest you print a copy of the ATF announcement which states they will return all requests without action. It could come in handy.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I just got my return letter from ATF... in West-by-God Virginia! Seems instead of handling it in DC, they forwarded it to WVa.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I wonder if BATFE hates MD. Between this and the Copycat provision in FSA2013 it has created a huge amount of work that has no bearing on Federal level enforcement

EODJoe

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Jan 15, 2013
    Carroll County
    Got my return letter a few days ago. "Return without action" stamped across it but I've got the time stamps sending it out to go with it. What a cluster.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I just got my return letter from ATF... in West-by-God Virginia! Seems instead of handling it in DC, they forwarded it to WVa.

That's because the branch of ATF that handles this stuff is in Martinsburg, WV. Same place that processes all of our NFA paperwork. The main address for ATF as an organization is in DC, but they have satellite offices in several places.

tailgunner

Oct 18, 2013
    PAsadena Md.
    FATBOY and his criminal cronies have made a lot of Maryland gun owners criminals.... just wait till he wins office for a second term. I know he's the better of the 2 evils but major gun restrictions from a so Called Republican sux.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    FATBOY and his criminal cronies have made a lot of Maryland gun owners criminals.... just wait till he wins office for a second term. I know he's the better of the 2 evils but major gun restrictions from a so Called Republican sux.
    Maybe, just maybe the person that is responsible for this bill is the individuals who introduced it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    So here is a question for everyone. Obviously this is going to stir emotion but I'm trying to look at this logically. I'm simply skeptical and have spoken to a lawyer friend who knows zero about what is going on. He doesn't live in MD, isn't an expert in firearm law. He works for a respected firm in Chicago. I understand the MSI retains lawyers too and everything is debatable among lawyers.

I mailed in the MSI form. I truly believe it won't mean squat if the thing becomes law in Oct. 19'. Why? I cannot prove what I sent to the govt. I can only prove I sent them something and they received it. Reading through this thread anything that I have seen here doesn't provide proof what the ATF received. Doesn't matter if you sent something to yourself at the same time or certified mail return receipt or anything of the like.

I believe, and am told, only a double notarized document stating in two parts that they are duplicates. Additionally stating, one is with the sending party and one to the receiving party. Having those documents and the USPS tracking numbers on both documents with the attached returned receipt that has the ATF signature. The only other way would be to have a legal representative deliver the document and have someone sign it at its reception. This and only this would have been sufficient but everything I have read in this thread isn't going to hold up in court if Frosh presses the law when the time comes unless the ATF is filing all these requests and is willing to produce them when the time comes. However, you and I know they are all in the garbage right now.

Now, I may have not done something that you have. I didn't get anything back but the USPS return form and I know what I have stated flies in the face of the MSI FAQ page.

Hammer away....

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I cannot prove what I sent to the govt. I can only prove I sent them something and they received it.

Actually, they send you back that actual physical piece of paper you sent to them. It comes stamped with their notice, and a hand-written notation from whoever clerked it at BATFE. So you DO have proof of what you sent them, because they're good enough to send it, the original (with their time-stamped notations) right back to you.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I think the point he is trying to makie is that what proof do you have that the form was in the envelope that was signed for? Could be an envelope with a birthday card in it.

Personally I think the entire think is being over thought.

But that's just me.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Actually, they send you back that actual physical piece of paper you sent to them. It comes stamped with their notice, and a hand-written notation from whoever clerked it at BATFE. So you DO have proof of what you sent them, because they're good enough to send it, the original (with their time-stamped notations) right back to you.

Ok, I didn't receive that. I only got the green USPS return receipt form.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Do they do that for all they received or did some just get the green card receipt?

I would bet it depends on the clerk working.

If they do I stand corrected.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Personally I think the entire think is being over thought.

But that's just me.

No I think that is valid. You know Frosh better than I and he could really press the issue if the time comes and they want to ban all drop in triggers and the like. Maybe he can't. I don't really know. I'm just trying to think like an a-hole MD AG.

I hope I get back the form like others did but I'm not holding my breath.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I never got my paid for green return receipt that was associated with my certified mail! I have a mind to ask the USPS for a refund of my $2.75.

However, I did receive my original letter to BATFE back, but it was emblazoned with a stamp by them: RETURN WITHOUT ACTION. I'm think I'm good until at least Oct 1, 2019, or at least willing to take my chances on having done the most that I could do to comply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom