• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Has anyone been having problems with Optics Planet lately? I've bought from them a few tims before without issue. Usually they have better prices than most, even if just by a little. Sunday I ordered a new Nikon M-308 scope for my new inbound DPMS SASS. This particular item on their site had a package deal with the 4-16x scope, a M-308 20 MOA mount, and a Nikon wind meter, total price with expedited shipping (wanted by weekend & very reasonably priced at $29) $590. Not too shabby.

Now before I ordered I checked and all 3 items said "in stock" or "ships in 1-2 days", can't remember which. Submitted the order, got email receipt which showed an anticipated delivery date of Friday (today). Got phone message Thursday afternoon, having trouble getting item in stock. I called back, not saying which of the 3 items are "delinquent ". They offered me a Vortex Vipe HS-T and Warne 20 MOA mount instead, said they'd get as close to my original sale price as possible. I asked about the wind meter - "Oh I hadn't planned on that being part of the deal". Why not, I ordered that didn't I? Now I love the Vortex, my favorite Optics brand btw but this package had everything I wanted, and for a cheaper price than buying it all separate. I declined, I'll wait for the back order. Not urgent, was an impulse buy anyway. Check the website this morning, that package deal still says "in stock".

Tonight I get a email from them inviting me to join a members only website called Dvor.com. A membership to a website that sells the same stuff that Optics Planet sells? Pushing this thing hard too. Little too hard in my opinion. Seems odd to me.

Anyone else having weird dealings with them, or have any experience with Dvor.com?

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I've never had an issue with optics planet and Dvor.com is a legit website. I have used both many times.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Thanks for the feedback. Seemed strange that I had a minor discrepancy with them and then less than 24 hrs later I get invited to join a Costco-like website for gun & accessories deals.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    Dvor is ok. I have ordered from them a few times, plus you get Dvor bucks to spend any way you like.

bman940

Bart, Nikon Pro Staff
    Oct 11, 2010
    North Texas
    site

Over the years I have ordered many thousands of $ worth of stuff from OP and sent many folks to pick up Nikon products from them. The availability issue has always been a problem. I had a friend who worked there and it got to where I would call him to make sure an item WAS in stock before ordering. Myself and numerous frineds have done business with Davor and they are legit and sometimes pretty good prices. Other then not showing up to date inventory I have never had an issue with OP and they treat the guys I send to them well.

Good luck on getting your scope and wind meter. You will love how it sync's with Spot On. Drop me a note if you have any question's.

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    I've ordered a lot from Optics Planet and even though the availability of certain items(especially new released) can be uncertain, customer service has always been very good. I buy with confidence from them.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Great, that's good to know guys. I did sign up for Dvor, and they do have some really good prices. Started my list last night.

Thanks again for the tips

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    My experience with OP is that if you call them and talk to an agent, you can get them to beat the price that you see on the website. They can give you a 10% discount without any problems but I have gotten as much as a 33% discount in the past.

I agree with the others that DVOR is legit, I have purchased from them too.

Cal68

magwell

Mar 19, 2015
    Have used Dvor for several purchases with no problems. Got a great deal on a spotting scope last year.

Digby

Feb 19, 2014
    Western Howard County
    OP is a good outfit, although I have experienced the same thing twice over the last couple of years. I ordered a Leupold scope that was shown on the website as "in stock," and then a day or so after ordering it, I received an email informing me that the item was backordered and that there was no expected delivery date. After waiting a couple of weeks, I received a call from a salesman offering comparable optics in lieu of what I ordered. On both occasions, I cancelled my orders and promptly received refunds.

I have had good luck with Scopelist.com. It is a subsidiary of EuroOptics and is 100% legitimate. With Scopelist, you make an offer on what you want, and they respond, either by accepting or countering. I bought my Nightforce scope through Scopelist and was very pleased, not only with the price, but the very fast service. They are in PA and ship the same day by UPS, so I received my scope in 1 day.
    John

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    They can be a little slow especially with nicely discounted items. clothing and such no issues but gun related items are a mixed bag. I bought Tritium sights for my M&P9 and it took like 2-3 weeks to receive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom