Fishing? Hiking? in a "non essential business" climate?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    Will parks be shutting down under this?

I have been going fishing a lot (and am usually the only one or maybe 1 or 2 others at the same lake) since business slowed down a lot the last month. Its something to do, its not "staying home" but with no one else there most of the time its a to me good for of staying entertained while "social distancing".

Also for the last 5 years now I go trail walking in various parks 2-3 times a week in the mornings, I hope the parks stay open for this kind of stuff.. This often combines with fishing as a lot of the places I walk go around lakes or have lakes/streams/etc along their paths.

Playgrounds, Sports fields, etc I can see shutting off, but I hope we are allowed to fish and or trail walk still for now..

Or am I being selfish/foolish and really should just "stay home"?

ihriec

Aug 10, 2013
    Went out on our boat yesterday. Hardly any boat traffic, what a good way to social distance.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Just went out yesterday to "check out the park". It was so packed with people but only few fishers....so I'm trying not to be selfish as I have a newborn son.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I say go. No real contact with people. If I can convince you the wife to keep the animals alone one morning I'm launching and catfishing the Potomac.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    The rivers here have been packed with people the last week, I assume from all the people laid off from work due to the virus. Makes finding a spot to trout fish on my lunch break a bit difficult.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    WSSC Duckets/Rocky Gorge an Triadelphia are closed

I was afraid this would happen. I haven't seen the closure info yet but heard a call on the HoCo PD scanner yesterday that someone was locked in at one of the ramps. I figured WSSC dropped the hammer. That's a shame. They could close the picnic areas and leave the lakes open for people to enjoy. I can walk there. Actually if I walk there I won't see the signs telling me its closed so maybe I'm good. :innocent0

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    I was afraid this would happen. I haven't seen the closure info yet but heard a call on the HoCo PD scanner yesterday that someone was locked in at one of the ramps. I figured WSSC dropped the hammer. That's a shame. They could close the picnic areas and leave the lakes open for people to enjoy. I can walk there. Actually if I walk there I won't see the signs telling me its closed so maybe I'm good. :innocent0

Tell me about it. We love the hill on the other side of the boat ramp out to Tucker and back or on the orange trail back.

I've gone on some of the trails on the north side of the water on that side. Do you know if any lead to our hood? I don't think so but...

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Tell me about it. We love the hill on the other side of the boat ramp out to Tucker and back or on the orange trail back.

I've gone on some of the trails on the north side of the water on that side. Do you know if any lead to our hood? I don't think so but...

Follow the power lines.
    You'll find some trails that are sort of makeshift trails.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Fishing? Hiking? in a "non essential business" climate?

Just went out yesterday to "check out the park". It was so packed with people but only few fishers....so I'm trying not to be selfish as I have a newborn son.

Took my girls to a friends property to teach them how to work jigs around some structure. I could see a park from where we were and watched a bunch of what looked like teens playing football. Couple families fishing the shore and other walkers. I just shook my head. The football game, not the others distancing themselves.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I’d say it’s the “responsible” thing to do!

Attachments

• 3552DDA1-C1E5-4ECD-8163-076B1B5B27A6.jpg
      3552DDA1-C1E5-4ECD-8163-076B1B5B27A6.jpg
      140.7 KB · Views: 217

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Probably taking my son out next nice weather day. Will try some of the parks around here, but thinking I might just have to go down by the river. Thinking it won't be busy there in the state park, but could be wrong. We can catch smallies in our creek, but we are pretty far up the creek so we tend to only get a few really tiny ones that get stuck (biggest my son has caught was about 4-5").

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Hope to get out Friday on the river if its not too high. We have a 200 acre lake 8 miles from the house but its some rough dirt roads the last several miles. Ive only taken the boat on the lake twice since we lived here its just so hard on it to get it up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom