• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    -A week ago I was focused on a pre A Winchester 52 and put in a proxy bid. Got shelled when it came to auction, not even close. So I regrouped and looked at all the other lots that I had bookmarked, curious to see if anything interesting was off the radar. Lo and behold there were 2 Chinese T54 bring backs that were languishing in a tiny IL auction. I had been casually watching Russian T33 bring backs for quite some time but cheapskate me didn't care much for the typical $800 - $1200 price range they sell in.
    - Logged into the auction live and watched the first bring-back which was papered and had a broken grip. I was shocked to see it hammer around $400 ($440 with the modest 10% vig). So then the 2nd T54 came up I thought what the heck, can't win if you don't play! It went to me for just $30 more than the first one. Add a FFL transfer fee of $10 and shipping and it was in the low $500s OTD.
    -She's got the original finish with some holster rash on the left side of the slide hear the muzzle and on the front grip strap. Otherwise in VG condition. All matching including the magazine (yay!). This one looks to have been carried but rarely shot. Production dates to 1965, within the first 300 built that year.
    -Have a proper Chinese vintage holster rig coming, the version with the felt liner. According to USPS it should arrive today.

Attachments

• IMGP9056.JPG
      IMGP9056.JPG
      57.3 KB · Views: 997
    • IMGP9058.JPG
      IMGP9058.JPG
      48.1 KB · Views: 1,001
    • IMGP9060.JPG
      IMGP9060.JPG
      45.8 KB · Views: 965
    • IMGP9064.JPG
      IMGP9064.JPG
      31.6 KB · Views: 967
    • IMGP9054.JPG
      IMGP9054.JPG
      43.2 KB · Views: 978
    • IMGP9055.JPG
      IMGP9055.JPG
      51.4 KB · Views: 991
    • IMGP9062.JPG
      IMGP9062.JPG
      34.4 KB · Views: 949
    • IMGP9063.JPG
      IMGP9063.JPG
      37.3 KB · Views: 943
    Jul 1, 2012
    Wow, the matching mag is the icing on a pretty nice cake.
    These are usually all messed up finish-wise so a nice one is definitely a good find.
    Definitely worth playing the game

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Here's what the postman dropped off today. Nice!

Attachments

• IMGP9065.JPG
      IMGP9065.JPG
      53.7 KB · Views: 799
    • IMGP9066.JPG
      IMGP9066.JPG
      76.5 KB · Views: 791
    • IMGP9067.JPG
      IMGP9067.JPG
      43.2 KB · Views: 782
    • IMGP9068.JPG
      IMGP9068.JPG
      76.3 KB · Views: 799

Stagstalker

Jan 15, 2017
    The cesspool of MD
    Hoe Lee Crab, special kinda cool there congrats. I was binging Vietnam vet stories on yt just yest. The Vietcong had alot of chinese arms and one guy Al sumthin told how a vc payroll officer nearly knocked him down coming out of the elephant grass, shot him and snagged his pistol {was the first he killed}. But then turned it in before returning to the states {maybe just covering his butt}. Prolly impossible to track down what officer it was issued to. Super neat tho, thanks for sharing.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Nice! Dude, I am seriously envious of your collection. Would love to buy you a beer one day and talk C&R.

Occasionally I've given this a thought. Would be nice to have a MDS C&R gathering. I've gotten to know so many nice folk here and only met a handful FTF. Always came away the better for it.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Wow, the matching mag is the icing on a pretty nice cake.
    These are usually all messed up finish-wise so a nice one is definitely a good find.
    Definitely worth playing the game

It would have been a trifecta had someone not left it in the holster. Who knows where the light pitting to the slide happened. Might have been in country with the original "owner". But I'm still thrilled to get it as is. You don't know how happy I was when I discovered all matching bits. And the gun is pristine inside looks damned near new.
    Heavy little bugger. But any lighter and I'll bet it would give a sharp recoil with that snappy round. The frame grip is a little short, kinda reminds me of the Colt Woodsman. I've got very small "mechanics hands" and found the grip to be barely accommodating. Anyone with bigger, normal paws would find it lacking.

Jul 1, 2012
    I think the nickel-plate fad had died down by the late 60's, I can't remember seeing a plated T-54.
    Or maybe I just sub-consciously filtered them out...

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    There was a batch of Tokarevs brought in a while back that had a Glock-like trigger safety. Swap that out for a standard trigger and the gun was "as issued". I think Classic had them. I don't see any in stock anywhere now but not a lot of anything is in stock now.

That is a nice "bring-back". Thanks for sharing the pictures and enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom