• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I remember seeing a show/documentary awhile back (60 minutes maybe) about that.They also mentioned another southern town that had a similar law/ordnance that had been on the books since the late 1800's with allmost zero crime rate.

Hynes57

Aug 4, 2010
    Charles Town, WV
    In middle school we had to do a creative writing paper where we created a fantasy place. I created an island nation that required gun ownership and failure to do so resulted in stiff penalties. I was called to counselor office to discuss my work the next week....

Maryland_DKB

Nov 9, 2011
    MoCo
    I wish you could have had this article to show that there are already some places like that in this country.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    You are also exempt from the law if you have a moral or religious objection.
    The law was passed in response to the infamous Morton Grove (IL) midnight gun grab.
    I remember having "pink flamingo" shooting matches. You put up a bunch of plastic pink lawn flamingos shot them to pieces & returned them to the factory for "lifetime warranty replacement for any reason, any reason at all!" The factory making them was in Morton Grove, IL.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    Anyone else notice how they tried to paint the one resident as a racist? I wonder what he would say if you asked him about the Klan outfit and sign.

But don't ask. He might say something like: "That's a painful part of our history. I intended to remember it, not to sweep it under the rug and pretend it never happened. Did you know that America's first gun laws disarmed black people? They were written by the kind of men who wore this robe and carried a noose."

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    In middle school we had to do a creative writing paper where we created a fantasy place. I created an island nation that required gun ownership and failure to do so resulted in stiff penalties. I was called to counselor office to discuss my work the next week....

As the cards fall, they should have asked you to run for student council.

O2b4wln

Sep 16, 2011
    Tellico or Moab
    Ahh, how I miss the South. I lived in Atlanta for about 15 years and before that in Arizona. You take gun rights and ownership for granted till you move up North. Kennesaw was up the street from us and we always joked about their gun laws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom