• ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Just rec'd this email:

Dear Mr. Bob A:

Thank you for your correspondence to Governor Hogan regarding firearms legislation in Maryland. The Governor appreciates your input and has asked me to respond on his behalf. As Deputy Chief of Staff, I oversee Maryland State Police, the state agency charged with registering and regulating firearms.

In the 2018 session of the Maryland General Assembly, Senate Bill 741 began as a bill that would have altered the process by which individuals appeal denied applications for permits to wear, carry, or transport a handgun by repealing the Handgun Permit Review Board and requiring the applicant to instead appeal the decision to the Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH). Over the course of the session, SB 741 was amended to preserve the Handgun Permit Review Board and to enable an applicant to appeal a negative outcome from the Board to the OAH as a third step in the application and appeals process.

On April 24, 2018, Governor Hogan signed House Bill 819, the House version of SB 741, into law. Under the new law, a Maryland resident denied a Wear and Carry Permit now has two opportunities to make their case to overturn a negative outcome.

When an individual who has been denied a permit submits a request to the Handgun Permit Review Board, the board must review the record developed by the Secretary of State Police and conduct a hearing within 90 days. Within 60 days after the last hearing, the board must submit in writing the reasons for the board’s decision to both the applicant and the Secretary. The applicant and the Secretary then have 30 days to appeal the board’s decision to the Office of Administrative Hearings. OAH must schedule and conduct a hearing on the appeal within 60 of receipt of the request. A final decision must be issued no later than 90 days after the conclusion of the last hearing. You can find more information about HB819 on the Maryland General Assembly website at: http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2018RS/fnotes/bil_0009/hb0819.pdf.

When considering this and any proposed legislation addressing constitutional rights, the Hogan administration has consistently urged the Maryland General Assembly to require stringent due process and will continue to do so. Thank you again for sharing your views; being responsive to your concerns is a top priority of the Hogan Administration.

Sincerely,

Walter F. “Pete” Landon
    Deputy Chief of Staff

I eagerly await the results of the Governor's responsiveness. Maybe in November?

Being "the glass is half empty" kind of guy I am, I only hope that the glass is only half full of BS.

You can spot the contents from a distance: remember, it might have been Brown-stained.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Dear Mr. Bob A:

Thank you for your correspondence to Governor Hogan regarding firearms legislation in Maryland. The Governor appreciates your input and has asked me to respond on his behalf. As Deputy Chief of Staff, I oversee Maryland State Police, the state agency charged with registering and regulating firearms.

Write him back.

Since "HE" oversees MSP, he can direct them to accept personal protection as a "Good & Substantial" reason to immediately issue carry permits without any restrictions to those who apply and are not disqualified.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Just rec'd this email:

I eagerly await the results of the Governor's responsiveness. Maybe in November?

Being "the glass is half empty" kind of guy I am, I only hope that the glass is only half full of BS.

You can spot the contents from a distance: remember, it might have been Brown-stained.

"On day1...."

Of Term #2

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Got mine today also my reply When considering this and any proposed legislation addressing constitutional rights, the Hogan administration has consistently urged the Maryland General Assembly to require stringent due process and will continue to do so. Thank you again for sharing your views; being responsive to your concerns is a top priority of the Hogan Administration. If above statement is to be assumed true what happened when Gov. Hogan signed HB1032 Red flag law that does not allow due process . While watching the news even the illegal immigrants are going to be allowed due process . As a citizen born in the united states I have less rights then a MS13 member and or any other illegal immigrant.* Concerned American Citizen and at this time will not be voting for Gov. Larry Hogan. Quinn may not have a chance in He__ _* *I'd rather throw my vote away then vote for someone I cant trust anymore a Dem. may get into the Gov. House but I,m not seeing any difference between a Dem.or our current Rep. Gov. _______* ** P.S the generated photo op during bill signing was totally un called for and unbecoming I would think from a Gov. of Maryland**

Last edited:

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Write him back.

Since "HE" oversees MSP, he can direct them to accept personal protection as a "Good & Substantial" reason to immediately issue carry permits without any restrictions to those who apply and are not disqualified.

He should be made aware then when the steps are required to be preformed in a specified length of time miss their deadlines anywhere in the process.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Besides being full of shit, Landon, in addition to being Deputy COS, is also the State Director of Homeland Security. All this after retiring as a Lt. Colonel after 30 years with the MSP.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Besides being full of shit, Landon, in addition to being Deputy COS, is also the State Director of Homeland Security. All this after retiring as a Lt. Colonel after 30 years with the MSP.

Director of Homeland of Security in a state whose largest city leads the nation in per capita homicides? If I was DHS in Maryland I would not admit to it....

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Write him back.

This is never going to happen without the gov approving it first, and you know it. If he did that on his own, he may as well just resign immediately, because he'd be fired the next day.

What might be more interesting is to see if we can get him to have the MSP to stop interpreting the ban lists so stupidly. A gradual change in that is unlikely to be big news.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    This is never going to happen without the gov approving it first, and you know it. If he did that on his own, he may as well just resign immediately, because he'd be fired the next day.

What might be more interesting is to see if we can get him to have the MSP to stop interpreting the ban lists so stupidly. A gradual change in that is unlikely to be big news.

I got my email yesterday; luckily I hadn't eaten yet.

If he's lucky enough to get a second term, I'll wait and see what changes he'll make. I seriously doubt he'll be ballsy enough to do anything. :sad20:

I got my email yesterday; luckily I hadn't eaten yet.

If he's lucky enough to get a second term, I'll wait and see what changes he'll make. I seriously doubt he'll be ballsy enough to do anything. :sad20:

Well since he's proven himself to be anti 2A it's unlikely that he's going to do anything positive for the 2A community. More than likely the MGA is going to hammer us with many more gun control bills and more than likely Hogan is going to sign them surrounded by the harpies from Moms demand infringement..My prediction? Make it outright illegal to own mags over 10 rounds, expand the weapons ban to include many more dreaded black rifles, make it illegal to own firearms built from 80% and possibly introduce California style ammo laws...ALL with no grandfathering and Hogan WILL sign all of them...

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Hogan has NO power to change any gun laws passed. He has NO veto power, that wouldn't get overridden. He has NO balls. He does have a brain to tip his odds at a second term. If he gets that second term, nothing will change. He has also chosen to ignore our side.

radial

Nov 23, 2011
    Boyds
    Hogan has been a complete and utter disappointment as far as I'm concerned. I would vote against him even if it resulted in the election of a POS. Because really, what's the difference?

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Hogan has been a complete and utter disappointment as far as I'm concerned. I would vote against him even if it resulted in the election of a POS. Because really, what's the difference?
    What's the difference? If you think Hogan is bad, wait until you see how bad a Democrat will be. Be careful of the devil you don't know. In reality, the MGA has a veto proof bloc. Thankfully they are too stupid to be able to do much real damage so far. While Hogan hasn't done anything to help the 2nd amendment in Maryland, he's done a lot to help the state. A progressive Democrat wil be far, far worse.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom