• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csuare1

May 6, 2018
    Baltimore City
    Thanks so much for the info and replies guys, I'm definitely getting mixed vibes but I guess i won't get my hopes up as i'll prob just be SOL haha. I summarized the g&s roughly as much as i could for this particular post but i definitely went into more detail and documented a lot in the app. If i can figure out a way to attach the pic of what i wrote for my G&S in the app ill def show u guys so you can get the full feel for it.
    i think this should have the pic attached fellas, i know the whole thing may be a little sappy and whatnot, but had to lay it all out there, and i made sure every claim is backed up with documentation for when it is reviewed. the frustration of having to go through all this crime when you're one of the people trying to help the city is unreal.

Last edited:

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    i think this should have the pic attached fellas, i know the whole thing may be a little sappy and whatnot, but had to lay it all out there, and i made sure every claim is backed up with documentation for when it is reviewed. the frustration of having to go through all this crime when you're one of the people trying to help the city is unreal.

I wish you good luck csuare1, but in most all cases, Maryland wants us not armed, but to simply rely on the good will of our fellow man and the forbearance of reptiles

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I think you have a shot, especially with the board. Focus on the multiple robberies to show that you are infact being targeted. At the board show what you are in more danger than the average citizen. Play up your knee problem. You can't flee right?
    If you can get a letter from your physician stating that you have a disability, that will carry some weight when you get to the HPRB in a year or two. MSP LD doesn't give two whits about folks with disabilities, unfortunately.

Thanks so much for the info and replies guys, I'm definitely getting mixed vibes but I guess i won't get my hopes up as i'll prob just be SOL haha. I summarized the g&s roughly as much as i could for this particular post but i definitely went into more detail and documented a lot in the app. If i can figure out a way to attach the pic of what i wrote for my G&S in the app ill def show u guys so you can get the full feel for it.
    It sounds as though you would be denied on your initial application, but you have to apply to be denied so you can appeal to the HPRB, and then you just might have a shot. Think overwhelming totality of your circumstances. If you were in the OPM data breach, that seems to help in a small way, too.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Those are some chilled out burglars.

Taking the time to smoke a joint while robbing someone's home.

Twice.

Me thinks moving out of the city is the best advice you've received so far.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Keep active on the forum. Use searches to find old threads about the HPRB and read all the threads about permits, you have time because the permitting process does not move swiftly in Maryland. You will start to see the pattern and find out what arguments and presentations have worked for others. Also start attending the HPRB meetings to get some eyewitness experience before you appeal your probable denial.

The next meeting of the HPRB is on May 15, 2018.
    Future meeting dates, time, and the location of the meeting is posted on the DPSCS HPRB website. http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/agencies/hprb.shtml
    The meetings are held in Crownsville, MD. here is the map: https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...31ce20b658baca!8m2!3d39.0257989!4d-76.6079651
    There are a number of MDS members who regularly attend the meetings to observe so you won't be alone, hang a name tag with your screen name it and I am sure they will introduce themselves.

Good luck on your quest.

PS - Don't forget to join MSI (Maryland Shall Issue) https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/index.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom