• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fredneck76

May 3, 2018
    Long-time lurker here, first-time poster. Saw something pop up on my Facebook feed tonight that I absolutely had to create an account to share because it gave me some hope that there are still elected officials out there representing us.

I saw a couple weeks ago where my local Frederick County Councilman Kirby Delauter was raffling off a Kel-Tech 12 gauge complete with American flag and #MAGA graphics at one of his campaign fundraisers later this month. Seems like today the local liberal rag of a newspaper called him up and asked him if he was "concerned" about raffling off the shot gun because of school shootings. Delauter's response was spot on....

Copy and pasted from his Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/delauterforfrederick/posts/1930747370507287

"The Frederick News-Post called today regarding the MAGA Kel-Tech 12 gauge I’m raffling off on May 12 (link to buy tickets below ⬇️⬇️). They wanted to know if I was concerned that raffling off a gun would send the wrong message while so much discussion was focused on school shootings. I said no.

Here’s what I am concerned with:

- That political correctness has made something as innocent as a gun raffle (which abides by all state and federal laws) prompt such a ridiculous question

- That the Second Amendment has come under such attack that I’m expected to follow along and give a specific answer

- That I never would have been asked if I was concerned about drunk driving if I was raffling off a car, and that the the first time I’ve ever been asked about my thoughts on school safety is when I’m raffling off a gun

As County Executive, I’ll take a proactive approach to enhancing safety and security at Frederick County Schools by working with the Sheriffs Department and State Police to see what they need from the county to make that happen. And it may come as a surprise to some, but those plans won’t require laws that go after the 2nd Amendment and Frederick County gun owners.

I’m a lifetime NRA member, a US Army Veteran, and a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment. So to answer any follow-up question that the FNP or any other media outlet might have — yes, I’ll still be raffling off this gun on May 12, and everyone should get their tickets ASAP at the link below

https://secure.anedot.com/delauter/maga"

Delauter is currently running for Frederick County Executive in a contested primary against Delegate Kathy Afzali, who we all know voted for the red flag bill *twice*

I know I bought 5 tickets, and I'm challenging everyone to do the same...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 1,021

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Welcome from east Frederick county!

Hough proved himself as a stand-up 2A guy last legislative session, so you may want to keep him in mind.

GLR En

Aug 26, 2017
    Welcome and thank you for sharing this story. We need more people like him in the MGA. So hopefully he will move up to state-level government position soon.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Regina Williams is also on the Rep primary ballot. Her site completely avoids any insight on her 2A position. She's easy on the eyes, though.

If I was going to support anyone outside my district (and there's no point in supporting anyone within it, alas) I'd throw money at the Attorney General race, that finally has someone opposing Frosh.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Welcome and thank you for sharing this story. We need more people like him in the MGA. So hopefully he will move up to state-level government position soon.

No we don't need him or his ilk in the MGA. If you don't know about the fiascos that his buddy Blaine Young did, then you may wish to do some more research. How he gutted the County government, by slashing the muscle, but leaving the fat, so that the county employees that survived the purge then had to do double or triple the workload with the same amount of time. Before you say anything about government employees have it easy, I'll stop you right there. FredCo government has about 2300 full time employees, across all departments to serve a county of about 700,000 residents. That number continues to grow to this day, due to the expansion that Blaine and his cronies (Kirby was one of them) rubber stamped. Furthermore, if Kirby does get elected, he will be bringing Blaine Young back to an appointed position within Frederick County government. Kirby will put the screws to every county employee he can, and not care about how the residents of the county suffer, due to his plans, because he got his and doesn't care about anybody else.

Delauter is also VERY anti first amendment when he doesn't like what people say about him. He literally tried to sue the Frederick News Post for using his name without his permission.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...924ede3e54a_story.html?utm_term=.76473395cc92

https://www.fredericknewspost.com/n...cle_da85d6f4-fa3c-524f-bbf6-8e5ddc0d1c0a.html

Just sayin'.

He is anti 1A all the time, if you don't agree with him. Take a look at the county council webcasts and you will see how far out there he is.

Fredcohunter

Nov 30, 2008
    A little west of Frederick
    No we don't need him or his ilk in the MGA. If you don't know about the fiascos that his buddy Blaine Young did, then you may wish to do some more research. How he gutted the County government, by slashing the muscle, but leaving the fat, so that the county employees that survived the purge then had to do double or triple the workload with the same amount of time. Before you say anything about government employees have it easy, I'll stop you right there. FredCo government has about 2300 full time employees, across all departments to serve a county of about 700,000 residents. That number continues to grow to this day, due to the expansion that Blaine and his cronies (Kirby was one of them) rubber stamped. Furthermore, if Kirby does get elected, he will be bringing Blaine Young back to an appointed position within Frederick County government. Kirby will put the screws to every county employee he can, and not care about how the residents of the county suffer, due to his plans, because he got his and doesn't care about anybody else.

I have lived in Frederick County most of my life. What we could really stand less of in Frederick County is the Democratic base that is establishing itself here. Along with pretend Conservatives like Afzali. This county is fast becoming western Montgomery County. If a few eggs need to be broken to avoid that so be it, because the alternative truly sucks.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    I've lived in Frederick for over 20 years, Delauter is a total piece of Sh!t!

I unfortunately had Karen Young knock on my door yesterday. Luckily, I recognized her through one of my windows and did not open the door. If I did, I guarantee to you I would have been one of the first to be 1302'd in the City on October 1st.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I have lived in Frederick County most of my life. What we could really stand less of in Frederick County is the Democratic base that is establishing itself here. Along with pretend Conservatives like Afzali. This county is fast becoming western Montgomery County. If a few eggs need to be broken to avoid that so be it, because the alternative truly sucks.

The Democratic base will happen, whether we want it to or not.

As for the eggs comment, you'll quickly change your turn when you find out that someting that takes 5 guys, on day to do, will take 2 guys about 3-4 days to do. That means that the infrastructure will crumble beyond its current levels and the blame rests squarely on the shoulders of the voters that will have put Kirby in office.

Go back and look at the election for county executive. The win percentage points were because of what Blaine did to the county employees and the county as a whole, by eliminating the employees that were the muscle in the county, but kept on the middle management that had 3-5 people doing the work that one person was capable of doing.

Blaine also attempted the PPP (Public Private Partnership), where private entities would do all the work for FredCo and cut the county workforce to skeleton staffing. There was enough furor from just the employees, that the BOCC chose to shelve the plan indefinitely, in the hopes of pacifying the employees, in the hopes of getting re-elected.

There were other things that he did, like MTC, expansion of Brunswick, expansion of Urbana, etc... without taking into consideration the lack of infrastructure to maintain that expansion. Urbana HS was over capacity in 1999, and even with the HS expansion, the HS is still well over capacity to this day. The roads in Urbana are not capable of handling the amount of traffic that transits through that area every day, without heavy congestion.

Blaine and Kirby prevented the expansion of paid DFRS personnel, because they wanted the fire companies to continue relying on volunteers, but at a time when there is severely declining participation in the volunteer services, the decision was made to put those fire companies out in the cold. Just so you know the fire companies in the county are private organizations that own the equipment, own the properties, have to pay for maintenance, etc.., without getting a penny from the county. The only thing that FredCo does is have enough DFRS employees (between 1 and 3, depending on the station) on hand at each station to cover one shift. That is it.

Remember the last big storm we had in FredCo about 2-3 years ago? I do. The reason why the roads weren't taken care of in a timely fashion, was because of the personnel and equipment budgets that Blaine and Kirby slashed. FredCo didn't have enough employees that were part of County roads to do the work, nor did they have enough equipment. That is why FredCo had to get a whole lot of contractors to come in to do the snow removal.

The problem becomes a circular problem with Blaine and company versus Democrats. Blaine and company will allow expansion on an unprecedented scale (which they already have done and we are seeing the aftershocks of those decisions at this time), yet Democrats will change the dynamics of the county. Realistically they both play off each other. One goes for expansion without thinking about the fiscal realities, while the other sees the fiscal realities of the county and is forced to raise taxes, to cover the screwups of the other party.

Kirby is bad news for the county as a whole, not just the employees that serve the residents of the county. Look at the current county budget and you will see what is going on. Oh and by the way, for the past few years, there have been zero property tax increases. But then again a Democrat is at the helm as county executive...

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

I unfortunately had Karen Young knock on my door yesterday. Luckily, I recognized her through one of my windows and did not open the door. If I did, I guarantee to you I would have been one of the first to be 1302'd in the City on October 1st.

My one interaction with her was enough to tell me never to speak to her at any point, for the rest of my natural life. The whole Young family can go pound sand.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick

My one interaction with her was enough to tell me never to speak to her at any point, for the rest of my natural life. The whole Young family can go pound sand.

Yeah, my wife saw me walk away from the window and asked why I looked like I wanted to put my fist through the wall. I told her there was a Young (Karen) campaigning at the door. She said that explains it and I need to stay away from the door and to get in the basement. That's where we keep all of the alcohol. Lucky for me, she despises all of the Youngs, Delauter and Clagget. She makes me proud.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Yeah, my wife saw me walk away from the window and asked why I looked like I wanted to put my fist through the wall. I told her there was a Young (Karen) campaigning at the door. She said that explains it and I need to stay away from the door and to get in the basement. That's where we keep all of the alcohol. Lucky for me, she despises all of the Youngs, Delauter and Clagget. She makes me proud.

When I finally meet you in person, I'll fill you in on why I would have broken my hand on a wall trying to walk away, if she showed up at my house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom