• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DucksRFlyin

Jul 31, 2016
    Just received this via email .. I thought it would be of interest to the forum. It's a local story.. I'm sure many of you in the VA-MD-DC area can definitely relate.

Quote from story:
    "I got caught in the middle of a gang fight/carjacking without my CCW. It's shocking how fast a situation can unravel before your eyes. "

https://www.reddit.com/r/CCW/commen...the_middle_of_a_gang/?st=IU6B6C8S&sh=e813454b

Last edited:

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    Think about this the next time you travel via the airlines and have to secure your CCW into your checked bag/suitcase. Even if he had his carry gun with him it would undoubtedly have been secured inside his suitcase in the trunk of the taxi.

Even if it was legal for you to carry in Maryland, with all of the heightened security, cameras and surveillance at an airport, where and at what point would you be able to retrieve your firearm from your suitcase and strap up without the risk of triggering a false alarm of a possible man with a gun?

All CCW permits should be recognized everywhere.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Just received this via email .. I thought it would be of interest to the forum. It's a local story.. I'm sure many of you in the VA-MD-DC area can definitely relate.

I got caught in the middle of a gang fight/carjacking without my CCW. It's shocking how fast a situation can unravel before your eyes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CCW/commen...the_middle_of_a_gang/?st=IU6B6C8S&sh=e813454b

Glad you're ok, I've been in similar situations and it's definitely a pucker moment.

As a VA resident, yeah, you're hosed. Next time take Reagan or Dulles.

Think about this the next time you travel via the airlines and have to secure your CCW into your checked bag/suitcase. Even if he had his carry gun with him it would undoubtedly have been secured inside his suitcase in the trunk of the taxi.

Even if it was legal for you to carry in Maryland, with all of the heightened security, cameras and surveillance at an airport, where and at what point would you be able to retrieve your firearm from your suitcase and strap up without the risk of triggering a false alarm of a possible man with a gun?

When I travel and carry, after I retrieve my luggage it's off to the men's (or women's, depends on which gender I identify with on a given day ;)) room stall to kit up. Easy peasy....

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Restroom stall just immediately outside security/baggage. Since that's where you would be picking up your checked bag anyway. :rolleyes:

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    This was the incident outside Laurel early Tuesday morning. Started with an armed robbery of the Tasty Diner just South of Main St. on Rt 1.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Sounds like life anywhere between Baltimore and Philly..........constant trash, everyone else is disarmed and forced to flee. Over $400 dollars which will be about the cost of a slurpee in 2025.

America is so very great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom