• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gorckat

Sep 4, 2013
    Dundalk
    That was fascinating to listen to.

It sounded, to me, like the board basically didn't like the idea of people having to lie or mislead about being on business all the time, so they only approved it for that reason and didn't address the testimony regarding palpable need and the news articles cited. I was working while listening so maybe I missed it.

If that is the case, this is a base to make business purpose permits unrestricted, but not issue permits for palpable need/ general self defense?

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Thanks for posting the information and making it usable by the members of the forum.

As I have stated, I began this journey primarily for the benefit of the community, while achieving some personal satisfaction

That was fascinating to listen to.

It sounded, to me, like the board basically didn't like the idea of people having to lie or mislead about being on business all the time, so they only approved it for that reason and didn't address the testimony regarding palpable need and the news articles cited. I was working while listening so maybe I missed it.

If that is the case, this is a base to make business purpose permits unrestricted, but not issue permits for palpable need/ general self defense?

I somewhat agree with your observation. The discussion by the board surrounded the "gray" areas that could cause someone to lose their rights forever. With that being said, the vote was based on the totality of everything presented to them.

If I were to do it again, I would only change my approach by adding in the law as it was written prior to FSA2013 and the penalty for carrying outside of your restriction and the law as it is written now.

For anyone going through this process of trying to get their restrictions removed, I would encourage you to do the same.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Remarkable how even your letter talks about a further layer of G&S related to restrictions when this exists nowhere in the law. Either you have G&S or your don't. Where does it say that you need additional G&S for an unrestricted permit? Ridiculous.

Time is running out register for the Dottrio shoot today! The event is on 10/29/16. This is not spam. We are a mdshooters industry partner! https://dottrio.eventbrite.com

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Remarkable how even your letter talks about a further layer of G&S related to restrictions when this exists nowhere in the law. Either you have G&S or your don't. Where does it say that you need additional G&S for an unrestricted permit? Ridiculous.

Time is running out register for the Dottrio shoot today! The event is on 10/29/16. This is not spam. We are a mdshooters industry partner! https://dottrio.eventbrite.com
    It should be that simple, but...

I see it as just extra padding and justification from the board in doing what they did. Can't give the MSP and inch, because they'll take a mile.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Mind blown by the "play by play" description of discussion by the board. I really thought these letters would be more cut and dried.

Congrats OP, let us know when you receive your laminated love letter from the MSP.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Mind blown by the "play by play" description of discussion by the board. I really thought these letters would be more cut and dried.

Congrats OP, let us know when you receive your laminated love letter from the MSP.
    We'll see. They have up to 30 days to challenge it....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I can fix that for you :P

It's supposed to be viewable to everyone. Odd......

Anyhow, here you go:

The MSP imposed restrictions found " . . . impractical, unreasonable and unnecessary . . . under the totality of the facts." Kudos to the Board for interjecting logic back into this process, and thank you mxrider for posting so others can see the Board's well-reasoned conclusion under the law. :)

Somewhere in the left lane Lone Ranger weeps.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Another thank you as well. My new business should be up and running in the early part of January. I'll be coming back to these threads for all the great information provided. You have made it much easier for those who follow in your footsteps.

After I read the approval letter, I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry. We could cross the border in 4 directions and avoid all this BS. It's criminal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom