• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dkim73

Feb 15, 2009
    Thanks Steven ... I think I got the MD compliant version. It has 18" barrel.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Thanks Steven ... I think I got the MD compliant version. It has 18" barrel.

Mine was MD-compliant as well. The SAR isn't being made anymore and there is a market for the older model, supposedly it's slightly more accurate. I think it's more aesthetically pleasing than the X95. It would probably fetch $1500 in the market right now.

I pinned and welded a shorter flash hider while maintaining the 29" OAL on my SAR:
    Rfv1MmN.jpg

dkim73

Feb 15, 2009
    I wonder what mine is, b/c I read some posts that showed a pic of the MD compliant SAR Tavor and mine doesnt have the IWI huge flash hider to make it compliant. Maybe b/c mine was the 18 inch barrel I was ok with length and didn't need it.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    I wonder what mine is, b/c I read some posts that showed a pic of the MD compliant SAR Tavor and mine doesnt have the IWI huge flash hider to make it compliant. Maybe b/c mine was the 18 inch barrel I was ok with length and didn't need it.

With an 18" barrel you're still short by 2". So whatever muzzle device is on it, must be pinned and welded in place. Let me know if you need to remove the barrel to "double-check", I have the barrel removal tool.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Thanks! I have the barrel removal tool as well. I do have a rather long flash hider on it.
    If the FH is pinned and welded, you're probably good. Still suggest breaking out the tape measure to confirm it all.

You sorta missed the best time to sell this, which would have been early June when all the long guns were sold out. I'd probably give it a try at $1800 and see if anyone bites, and then start dropping towards $1500.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Thanks! I have the barrel removal tool as well. I do have a rather long flash hider on it.

Step 1, MEASURE the rifle. If it is less than 29" either you bought it before 10/1/2013, and you may not sell it to an MD resident or it was sold to you improperly.

Step 2, if over 29" is the flash hider pinned and welded (permanently mounted)? If so, you can sell it in MD. If not, it would have to be sold out of state.

EGreenSVT

Jul 27, 2020
    Thanks for the info all. I'm leaning towards finding other stuff to unload to get the car. It's not so much about not having the money as it is about my wife giving me hell about spending it lol. If I sell something to get something else I'm in the clear haha.

Minor

May 17, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    Ditto

To the original OP, let me know what you find out. I'm curious too. I have an original SAR version in Black 556 w geissle trigger. I would never sell it, but always good to know prices. Some say the originals may become collector items ... but who knows that could be decades :-) LOL

Great shooter - best for the outdoor range days

Chooch

Jan 27, 2016
    Bel Air, MD
    Thanks for the info all. I'm leaning towards finding other stuff to unload to get the car. It's not so much about not having the money as it is about my wife giving me hell about spending it lol. If I sell something to get something else I'm in the clear haha.
    OP, I just sold a NIB Tavor SAR 9mm with Geissele Trigger pack & bow for a little under $1,800 on GB. Thought it would go higher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Curtis6789

Latest threads

Top Bottom