• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I image that is limited to just the "regulated" firearms, and I'm not sure but I don't the law will apply to the state.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    So you called LD and they told you how many firearms you own and offered a copy of the record on each one?

Correct, how many handguns. They stated they have no record of anything by NICS in regards to my long guns.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    They would have record of any 77r firearm, but I don't know how they would have any on a 4473.
    The bigger problem is that don't update the records when you transfer a firearm to someone else, so it shows as registered to both. That is my understanding...

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Problem with that is that MSP states they need part of that time to check multiple databases and it's more thorough than a standard NICS check. No way they make us wait less than 7 days. This is The People's Republic after all.

Yes, that is why in the past with the electronic system, you could select Print the form, and see that you were Not Disapproved in 3 days.

Now it says In Process until the 7th day.

Yeap, they really need all that time.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    And if you brought a regulated firearm into MD as a new resident before 10-1-13 there will be no record of that either.

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    The bigger problem is that don't update the records when you transfer a firearm to someone else, so it shows as registered to both. That is my understanding...

Wut? With the thousands of regulated firearms that have been transferred, this would be a nightmare.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Are you guys saying that you now have UBCs on any private gun sale and considering that a Win?

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    You need to remind yourself of the true reason behind all of these laws:

To make owning a gun in Maryland as difficult as possible. If they can discourage new shooters they will eventually win.

Same reason they shot down Sunday hunting earlier in this session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sadly, MOMs who raise these kind of boyz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrdOveX4TEk

are what we are up against. Of course then come the friends of these boyz and their Man bun besties, and the politicians like one I recently encountered to say, " We need to make Laws..." when asked about our right to not have laws that infringe when there are ALREADY laws and background checks etc etc on the books.

Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    They would have record of any 77r firearm, but I don't know how they would have any on a 4473.

If you sold it to someone in MD it doesn’t matter. They would be shown as having ownership after you.
    The whole thing is ******** though.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    They are not allowed to - THAT would be considered a gun registry.

You're confusing a federal statutory limit on how ATF can spend its funds, i.e. they're not allowed to spend money on a firearm ownership database (or something similar, I forgot the exact language) with what states can do. There is no such limitation on states. MSP can keep whatever records it wants, however it wants.

You're confusing a federal statutory limit on how ATF can spend its funds, i.e. they're not allowed to spend money on a firearm ownership database (or something similar, I forgot the exact language) with what states can do. There is no such limitation on states. MSP can keep whatever records it wants, however it wants.

And does. if you have ever filled out a 77 they have it.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Are you guys saying that you now have UBCs on any private gun sale and considering that a Win?

No.

The Patriot Picket Crew was leafletting Legislators last night that we will not comply with any State interference with private sales or transfers of our long gun private property.

Attachments

• F4EDB3FF-B3F9-4F31-A7DC-30478EF031E8.jpg
      F4EDB3FF-B3F9-4F31-A7DC-30478EF031E8.jpg
      86.5 KB · Views: 267

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    If you sold it to someone in MD it doesn’t matter. They would be shown as having ownership after you.
    The whole thing is ******** though.

I disagree. It does matter. What if you get EPRO’d. The state looks at is registry and sees 100 firearms registered to you. What they don’t see is that you sold off most of your collection and want to know where all those guns are.
    Case in point. I had a firearm that I legally sold. Said firearm was used in a felony about 5 years later. Guess who got a knock on the door wanting to know why that firearm was registered to me. Luckily I had a signed bill of sale.
    Point is that in the system, it was still registered to me. Do you think that they are going to take the time to do a search on every one to see if someone else might own it now. I don’t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom