• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sonicnofadz

Jul 24, 2012
    Perry Hall, MD
    I'm already signed up as a Dem (yes I am sickened with myself). I have a few questions:
    -Is it advantageous to do this in all counties?
    -Can someone who signed up as independent vote in the primaries?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'm already signed up as a Dem (yes I am sickened with myself). I have a few questions:
    -Is it advantageous to do this in all counties?

No, it's not. This will only work in blue districts that do not support us.

-Can someone who signed up as independent vote in the primaries?

No, MD has closed primaries, Dems can only vote in Dem primaries, Repub can only vote in Repub primaries.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    DINOism is a hard requirement if you're in a gerrymandered district like I am. I can take some solace in knowing I'll be somewhat nullifying a leftist vote down south in MoCo.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Maryland has closed primaries, do you must be a D to vote D in the primary.

DINO is valuable in very blue districts. In more Republican districts, it's a toss up.

Unless the Republican primary is close, and there is a anti-2A republican, I can't see how DINO could hurt.

ESP

Nov 21, 2012
    Maryland
    I am in Congressional District 03, Legislative District 14. I'm a life long Republican (almost 4 decades of voting). I have noticed my R vote seems to be useless. DINO seems to be a great idea for me.

So tell me, what can I use to wash off the shame of switching. Make it good, cuz I need some reinforcement to do the right thing.

When asked, do I really have to admit being a Democrat?

(The above is half joking and half serious. I know I need to switch, but it just feels soooo wrong.)

PS: 1st post,been lurking too long)

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Just get it over with, don't sweat it, and convince Republican and/or right-leaning unaffiliated neighbors to do the same. It's tactical voting. Using the system to your advantage against the gerrymanderers.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    So tell me, what can I use to wash off the shame of switching. Make it good, cuz I need some reinforcement to do the right thing.

Bleach.

It's DINO. We're here, we have scary black gear, get used to it.

sonicnofadz

Jul 24, 2012
    Perry Hall, MD
    Forgive my ignorance. I'm in Baltimore county, which is fairly blue, so I guess I'm good to go. Are we maintaining a list of people that we SHOULD be voting for (i.e., the lesser evil compared to the incumbent)? I'm going to try HARD to spread the word about this to all my friends in Mongtomery and Baltimore counties, we MUST make a difference for the primaries, this state is sinking.

Nikon

Jan 24, 2013

(The above is half joking and half serious. I know I need to switch, but it just feels soooo wrong.)

PS: 1st post,been lurking too long)

It's very powerful if/when you testify in Annapolis. Even if you just provide written testimony mentioning you are a registered Democrat in their district gets them to notice.

I also like another posters rational that even if it doesn't change the election this time, you're nullifying an anti-2A progressive in your district. It'll help you get through the night. :D

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    There seems to be some different opinons regarding primarying Brochin out.

It appears that MOM is putting up his own person to challenge Brochin.

Any ideas on this? Sounds like a Liberal trick.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    It's very powerful if/when you testify in Annapolis. Even if you just provide written testimony mentioning you are a registered Democrat in their district gets them to notice.

I also like another posters rational that even if it doesn't change the election this time, you're nullifying an anti-2A progressive in your district. It'll help you get through the night. :D

Yes, and it makes it harder for them to keep gerrymandering because they will think most of us are mindless welfare receipients that will vote democrat.

I like seeing the look in people's faces when I or one of us tells 'them' we are democrats too... Priceless.

Your calls, letters and emails will get more attention and if nothing else make it harder for them to get their anti message through. Remember, every law-abiding citizen they refuse to allow to own or carry a firearm is a potential victim. If we can save even one life, it will be worth it to allow responsibe, trained, law abiding citizens firearms for self defense.

Go DINO! Hundreds, if not thousands of us already have; I'm hopeful we will get a few of the bums out in the democrat primaries.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    There seems to be some different opinons regarding primarying Brochin out.

It appears that MOM is putting up his own person to challenge Brochin.

Any ideas on this? Sounds like a Liberal trick.

You have to vote Brochin and others out to show there are consequences for SB281. It doesn't even matter if the next one is the same or worse. If worse, vote that one out the next year. When they are fresh to the General Assembly, it is much harder for them to gain traction versus the old birds that have been there for decades and know how to work the system like Frosh's re-vote on SB281 in committee. He pulls that BS and then runs for Attorney General.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    I switched to a dem 5 years ago because I thought liked my local Dem Senator (I knew him personally and he had reasonable positions). He supported SB281. I will now (and I have told him) vote for anybody running against him - including other democrats, and I will campaign for any pro 2A candidate.

I live in PG CO, I don't really have many options.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Yes, what fabs said. We must try to vote them all out (everyone who voted for SB281). This is the promise we made, and Brochin literally laughed at us.

Even if we fail at bumping them out in the primary, they have to spend time and money that they won't have for the general election.

Lets say hypothetically, Frosh tells Brochin he's marked and he should step asside this election; lets say Frosh backs an even more ardent anti gun politician to run. We should still vote Brochin out to send a clear message. Then if the new guy follows through with his support to the political monopoly dispite his constituents opinions... We vote them out too at the next election. These antis grow weaker at every election; win or lose.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I switched to a dem 5 years ago because I thought liked my local Dem Senator (I knew him personally and he had reasonable positions). He supported SB281. I will now (and I have told him) vote for anybody running against him - including other democrats, and I will campaign for any pro 2A candidate.

I live in PG CO, I don't really have many options.

I have a great deal of respect for anyone that stands on principle to do the right thing. A dear friend of mine is friends with a popular politician, she voted for SB281, and he has told her the same thing. Whoever runs against her in the primary will have our support. And we are fond of attending their fund raisers and town halls.

I do not pity the politicians that cow towed to Omalley and his crownys. People like Brochin were good people, just look at his early voting record; but when he tells his constituents that the fix is in, and the best he can do is propose some Ammendments, he's forgotten why he's in office.

There are several others that also voted for sb281, that are also vulnerable. Brochin just pissed off too many people and he barely won last time.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Also when you are a DINO, I've been one since before it became popular, you get on all the Democrat fund raiser lists. I just love them spending money asking ME for donations. The only thing their letters do is remind me to send a check to the other side.

It is sort of like being a deep undercover agent or spy as you work to bring the downfall of the evil regime. Eventually O'Ming the Merciless will be defeated and Flash Gordon, Dale Arden and Dr. Zarkov will be once again be allowed to purchase and carry blasters for protection and to save the Galaxy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom