• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    If it's thousands of protesters, I don't see the government intervening. The government won't take the chance of things getting too messy.

That's just it...there wont be.

I'm guessing there might be 20 people that show up and all the guns stay locked in the cars.

I'm not a betting man but I dont see police in DC not handling business even if a thousand folks showed up.

knownalien

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD.
    we're gonna need those 1000 for the eventual civil war. what a waste.
    by "eventual" I mean anywhere in the future be it 10 years from now or 200. No country will last that long without one.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Not a very good idea, but you have to wonder; "What if it were a million that showed?"

Now, we know it won't happen, but that would be an impression

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    My Brother-in-Law ( very pro 2A) sent me an email this morning with this dudes march info on it, and asked - Am I going to this? My response:

I do not believe that this will have a positive effect on 2A in any possible way, so no. Actually, I think it could have exactly the opposite effect, and have the general public see bunch of people carrying loaded weapons in the street for no reason (they dont understand the need of 2A, they are sheep). Who do these guys think they are intimidating? The law makers who have a thousand armed police officers between this dude with his rifle and themselves? No, the only people they will end up influencing is the general public who will see their actions as extreme, and exactly what the anti 2A dems have been saying the right wing nut jobs are, and they will link anybody who has a EBR with the right wing nut jobs. They WILL remember being intimidated by those guns, and they WILL vote that way if allowed to. Might not be right, but it is true. The vote is mightier than the politician, it is the only thing that is.

Also: these to statement do not jive:

" This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny"

and

"Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free."

If your resolve in this fight is not yet made up, I do not believe that a Felony Arrest and conviction in Washington DC for possession of an illegal weapon, thus removiong your ability to ever own a firearm again legally will help. But, it does make for a great press release, if that is what you are after.

Waitwhat

Feb 19, 2013
    This will either fade away into nothing or end badly. I don't see either outcome helping our cause.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Why do you guys keep saying that they will not be able to own firearms again?

The 2nd Amendment guarantee's that they can. Is that not the meaning of the 2nd amendment anyway? Is that not why they have the rifles in the first place?

No law will stop a criminal from obtaining a gun, and no law will stop a patriot from obtaining one once they become criminalized for supporting the Constitution.

Sure they aren't so smart, but stop turning on our own people...

rttr6

Oct 25, 2012
    mont County
    This is really a stupid idea if you bring a loaded firearm! Will hurt the cause, and probably end up in DC jail with a felony charge. DC Jail is really nice in July and you will meet all kinds of new friends.
    Don't bring your guns to the March!

Citizen

Red Man in a Blue State
    Nov 9, 2012
    Calvert Collective, PRM
    The guy organizing this wants it to go bad!!!

Wake up people. Anyone wanting hundreds of people to go to the DC on the 4th of July where families are trying to have a picnic is trying to stir up sh!t.

He's a commie agitator, attention whore, Code Pinker...

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2013/05/bob-owens-defective-kokesh-agitates-for.html

Adam Kokesh was involved w/ Iraq Veterans Against the War (offshoot of John Kerry’s Vietnam Vets Against the War)

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2013/05/more-on-adam-kokesh-and-his-armed-march.html

SimonDanger

Apr 11, 2012
    Annapolis
    Not buying it... sounds sketchy and possibly a false-flag exercise. In my experience there is a thin line between people who want to lead others, and people who NEED to lead others. One wants to set goals and see them accomplished; the other needs to be seen and remembered. I don't know anything about this guy but the article says he's a supporter of both Occupy and the Tea Party...he sounds like he just wants to belong to a movement.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    If it's thousands of protesters, I don't see the government intervening. The government won't take the chance of things getting too messy.

Right ... They will just let it happen so the next time there` will be 20k and then 100k.

How bout this--- let them on the bridge, roll armor on to each end as road block, and then say "When you run out of food and water leave your arms on the deck and walk into the patty wagons. That is all. "

PS please don't invite me to any revolutions ---I need food and water. :)

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    in addition to all of other reasons stated for not attending this rally, I would not go because of his association with RT.

That"Network" is so anti-American/packed with Uber Liberals that it makes MSNBC look like Fox on steroids.

He is s wolf in sheeps clothing-an anti trying to give us a Trojan Horse. If this event does actually take place, it will be well covered and the footage and soundbites will be used against gun owners for decades

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Showing my tinfoil here, but wouldn't surprise me at all of this was planned to go bad. Round two of the anti agenda starts with some "pro 2a" activists shoot it out some cops.

I put nothing past this president.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom