• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    No dog in this fight but it seems strange that most of these appointees are/were probably collecting checks from .gov. I thought this was to be a civilian review board?
    I am usually wrong so let this post fade away.

I wonder if the MOCO detective is active or retired? If currently active, possible conflict of interest?

If I recall correctly, Ballard was a straight shooter at PFPA.

As many have also said, I'll reserve judgement until a few meetings have taken place. That Board could go either way.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I would be interested in hearing from the Patriots that are at most or all of the board hearings . But i am a realist that understands the introduction of the OAH makes this a moot point or even a mute point .

Yes and no. I completely understand the procedural effects the OAH has and imposes, but keeping the HPRB allows the MSP to continue to convict themselves of ignorance and intentional suppression of rights. A judge somewhere, sometime will point to the fact that the HPRB got it right and MSP did not examine and alter their policy/processes, like they are supposed to.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I wonder if the MOCO detective is active or retired? If currently active, possible conflict of interest?

If I recall correctly, Ballard was a straight shooter at PFPA.

As many have also said, I'll reserve judgement until a few meetings have taken place. That Board could go either way.

The MoCo detective is Jacque Cowan who has been on the board for over three years now. Solid. Silent, but solid.

MackM

MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2018
    Outstanding news! Having the Handgun Permit Review Board in place is 100% better than NOT having it there at all. Maybe we can influence the way they think, with clear, well-supported positions, delivered professionally. I don't know them but these HPRB members are just people, like us, and we can perhaps reason with them, sway them, or at least show them they run the risk of public embarrassment if they ignore reasonable requests for W&C permits or the lifting of silly restrictions. Nobody likes to be embarrassed in public.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    No dog in this fight but it seems strange that most of these appointees are/were probably collecting checks from .gov. I thought this was to be a civilian review board?
    I am usually wrong so let this post fade away.

My thoughts exactly. I don't really see any citizens on the board. Just connected people. I will be entertained with the choices. I am a UB grad and remember Smalkin, but didn't have him. I don't know of a single person on the UB staff that isn't an ultra lefter. He has a bio in Wikipedia.

Two famous cases.
    License plates are 1st Amendment - was overturned by SC.
    Mandel conviction overturned.

Last edited:

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Unfortunately I doubt my appeal will get heard before the board is abolished in January

Meho1277

Oct 18, 2018
    I've been waiting patiently, I guess I will continue waiting for malpasso vs pallozzi to be heard by SCOTUS. Malpasso will probably be heard first, with a 520 applicant MSP board back up, and SCOTUS haven't even said that they will hear malpasso

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I've been waiting patiently, I guess I will continue waiting for malpasso vs pallozzi to be heard by SCOTUS. Malpasso will probably be heard first, with a 520 applicant MSP board back up, and SCOTUS haven't even said that they will hear malpasso

Nor will mine. I'm at exactly 6 months right now.

What's that old saying about a a right delayed???

Maybe the people in the backlog could contact their Senator and Delegate to complain about their right to appeal before a civilian review board being denied next January. I think that would be MUCH MORE PRODUCTIVE. This fight is NOT over by a long shot!

If y'all feel strongly enough about the issue to complain long, loud and public enough, the GA membership may not be inclined to overturn LCL's veto. Busch is gone, Miller is fading, and none of their actual and potential replacements have enough power to influence the entire Assembly, IMO.

You have six months of time to do that if you care to fight for it.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm in a small but growing group of people who are starting to literally not GAF any more.

I'm fairly certain I won't even renew next time around, sick of playing their games over and over.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Not renewing IS playing their game.
    Being able to myself and my family in public when I deem necessary like any otherwise non-prohibited person.......is "not playing their game".
    Common criminals seem to not have an issue with it.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    The Board was obviously chosen to shut down any opposition to their confirmation. Some awesome people here.

They don’t get confirmed until the GA is in session in January and if they override Hogan’s veto they won’t need to be confirmed anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom