• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    I picked one up from PSA for 119 shipped and I got to say, it’s a nice little optic. It’s not aimpoint nice but it gets the job done and I like the auto on/off and the supposed battery life. It’s on my lightweight 5.56 AR and after a 50 yard zero I was having no problem rattling steel out to 150 or so.

It replaced a eotech that I had on long term loan. For some reason when I look through a eotech the circle and dot are real fuzzy or pixelated if that makes sense? I just assumed it’s my eyesight. With The sig I don’t have that, the dot is clear and sharp.

Like I said it’s not a aimpoint but for the price point I think Sig did ok. Time will tell

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Yup. I'm diggin mine on the 300 blk. It's essentially a holosun at its heart, but turns out to be a great value. I like that it's on whenever I grab the gun, has pretty clear glass, and easy controls.

Attachments

• baldr offset.jpg
      baldr offset.jpg
      44.3 KB · Views: 565

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    im likely to pick up one of these for my scorpion carbine.

I was going to go with an mro, and ever though I own an mro that's on another rifle, its hard to justify the additional 250 or so extra dollars in the price.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    im likely to pick up one of these for my scorpion carbine.

I was going to go with an mro, and ever though I own an mro that's on another rifle, its hard to justify the additional 250 or so extra dollars in the price.

The way I see it, I’m not going into a harsh battle environment. Although some of the reviews I watched put it through some pretty tough tests.

I think you will be happy with it on your carbine.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I have a 5 and (2) 4's. One of the 4's I need to send to Sig since the glass cracked from just the force of the bolt dropping forward. The other 2 have zero issue so I think it was just an isolated issue. I like the optics overall.

Striknine

Jan 19, 2013
    I’m a fan of the Primary Arms red dots. The Sig is less expensive however I’ve watched torture tests where the PA dots held up in extreme conditions. If you have one weapon to equip Aimpoint makes sense, but once you start swapping from one to the other it makes sense just having a dedicated optic that’s affordable so you can get a few.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This Romeo5 took the place of a Vortex SPARK, which gave me nothing but problems. So far, The Romeo has been problem free. Someone else mentioned the dot being superior to the Eotech. Well, it beats out the SPARK's dot also.

Attachments

• romeo.jpg
      romeo.jpg
      55.1 KB · Views: 394

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ive got a couple of them. My personal preference is an Eotech for my higher end or more frequently used guns but these are great for your shooters and plinkers.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    This Romeo5 took the place of a Vortex SPARK, which gave me nothing but problems. So far, The Romeo has been problem free. Someone else mentioned the dot being superior to the Eotech. Well, it beats out the SPARK's dot also.

I’m not knocking the eotech it’s just the fact that my eyes can’t seem to focus the dot and ring. I’m not sure why that is. If I use a magnifier though it is fine.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I’m not knocking the eotech it’s just the fact that my eyes can’t seem to focus the dot and ring. I’m not sure why that is. If I use a magnifier though it is fine.

I'm a big fan of Eotechs. Aside from their previous problems(problems I have not experienced), they are solid combat sights. They are 'minute of man' red dots. I found that If I wanted to get real accurate with them, it required me to turn the 'volume' way down.

The Romeos and the like are opposite(to me). They are very fine optics. Fine as in more delicate. I agree that they are more for range shooting, plinking, and HD work. I wouldn't want to have to take one into battle and have to rely solely on it.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I have 2 Romeo 5s including an XDR with the 65 moa circle. I like both of them but prefer the XDR. I really like that it uses a AAA battery too. I don’t see a bid difference related to the Vortex Sparc AR. I have three of them. Vortex needs to update this optic to improve the battery life and to include a circle in the reticle. I’m still a huge Vortex fan boy because of their warranty. I returned two scopes (one fell of the shooting bench and the other I bought used had the rings badly over tightened) and one of my Sparc ARs because the AAA battery blew up inside. No questions asked, just replaced all three in under a week.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    You people are getting to be an expensive group to know. 300BLK....P80.....lights......some bendy looking knife from overseas.....red dots......:party29:

I think we all have a inner gun and gun gadget weakness one way or another. I think I come here sometimes just to ask for reasons to justify my impulsive spending habits.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    You people are getting to be an expensive group to know. 300BLK....P80.....lights......some bendy looking knife from overseas.....red dots......:party29:

I do not believe that things that are the most common for people to use when putting a gun together are the best. I have been wrong and I have been right. I do not see the fun in building a rifle with the same mag pul grip, foregrip, stock etc. Now for a beginner I would stter them towards many of what magpul offers it is quality and usually will not break a bank. I am guilty of buying expensive parts and equipment I have an EOtech on one rifle, I have $329 iron sights on another but I also have put cheap items on also Matrix Arms handguards on two rifles, AR stoner barrel on another

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    EOtechs can look fuzzy if you try to look at the reticle. They generally sharpen up if you look at your target with both eyes open.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    EOtechs can look fuzzy if you try to look at the reticle. They generally sharpen up if you look at your target with both eyes open.

I have been told that but no matter what I did it still was fuzzy. I read up on it and apparently my astigmatism has something to do with it. I never tried to look through one with my prescription glasses on but then again I rarely wear them anyway.

The sigs dot is not as crisp if I focus on it but on target it is fine.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011

This is so true. For me non-magnified EOtech no problem, minute I throgh the magnifier I go one eye, same with most tubular RDS.

EOTech tells you not to focus on the reticle but the target, when you do that the fuzziness goes away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom