• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    There is no public water or sewer anywhere near Kingsville.

I grew up in Baldwin, next town over. I went to St. Stephens and Kingsville Elem schools, grad from Perry Hall.

We would shoot all the time without an issue.

Heck, we used to walk up and down the streets of the neighborhood with our BB guns when we were younger. Cops never said a thing, and we are talking about 10 years.

Only got hassled once for riding motorcycles on Fork Rd :D.

ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    Digital copy of the map of firearms-restricted "Metropolitan District"

The attachment is a digital version of the map as of March 24, 2014 -- the areas colored blue constitute the firearms-restricted district.

Attachments

• BaltCountyMetroDistrictMapforPoliceDeptUse3-24-2014.pdf
      3.1 MB · Views: 724

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    What is the zoning? If it is "RC" ( rural conservation) you shouldn't have a problem. You may be in a mixed area, with some RC, and some metro type zoning. That could mess things up.

I don't know how it would work in solid RC where every other property has target shooting going on at some point or another, and some whiny ninny moves in and calls the cops over simple target shooting. I was talking to one neighbor one day about wether they even notice anyone shooting, and she said she is so used to it she doesn't even notice it anymore, but that a friend of hers from the city come to visit and heard some shooting and asked wether to call the police. We both laughed.

One time at a private range in PA, there was a guy there with a suppressed .223 or 5.56 rifle. It sounded like a .22lr, and he was shooting at 300 yards. It was really neat to hear the pop, then a half second later a "clink" on the metal target. Point is, you could still hear the report. Maybe there are bigger better suppressors. I'm not well versed in this.

I still can't believe no one called the cops the day last summer that I had some PA guys over and we had an M1, an AR, and an AK, as well as a shotgun and a bunch of pistols. It was mad loud with that M1, and the guys got me to do some rapid fire with the AK. Then someone was a bad boy and was bump firing a pistol. Oh well, it was only going on for about 2.5 hours on a nice saturday afternoon...

You can't stop the laws of physics. Sonic booms are still sonic booms. Suppressors are only as effective as their ammo. That said, why are "safety devices" illegal fortune when mufflers are mandatory for cars?

Freedom exists somewhere, it just isn't really in Balto. Co.

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    Today while shooting my AR I had the pleasure of meeting some of Baltimore Countys finest who informed me that I could not shoot in the Metropolitan district of the County. They were very nice and said basicly that if the neighbors hadn't called that they could care less. I'm trying to find out what the actual Metropolitan district is without having to drive to the police station. Does anyone have any idea?

I was under the impression that Kingsville was not in the Metropolitan District. You should definitely stop by the police station and check it out, the police may have been wrong.

Blalock

Apr 1, 2009
    Kingsville, MD
    I actually did drive down to the White Marsh precinct and look at the map. Kingsville is in the Metro district :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    Go out to Glen Arm. There will be no problem shooting out there. The guy i know patrols that area and he's the most gun friendly S.O.B. you'd ever meet. Hell i bet if he got a call he'd show up and want to do show and tell with his rifle.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    And once again it's easy to see that the areas where firearms discharge is restricted are the areas with the highest crime rates. I know, it's because of population density, BUT, just saying.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Kingsville aint what she used to be....I had a friend that lived up there circa 1993. Used to hear gunshots all of the time. No one ever called the cops.

I used to hear them all the time too when I lived in East Baltimore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom