• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I had a streak of unfortunate luck yesterday and didn’t make it to Annapolis. I have written testimony that I would like to present to law makers in Annapolis pertaining to the proposed laws as well as concealed carry. If I can make it tomorrow, will I be able to testify? I don’t get home from work until midnight tonight and will be trekking from Westen MD. Is there a certain time that the testimony has to be submitted? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I’m not always logged in here and can’t always keep up with the threads, so if someone would pm me, that may be better. In there I will share my phone number if needed.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    From what I saw on the MGA site:

Judicial Proceedings - Bill Hearing 12:00 PM - East Miller Senate Building, Room 2, Annapolis, MD

Please note bill hearings will begin at 12:00 pm. Written testimony is due by 11:00 am and witness sign-up closes at 11:15 am.

Get there as early as you can to sign up to speak (if you wish).

On the touchscreens, do NOT touch Submit until after you have paged through all the bills on which you wish to testify (circles with left or right pointing arrows in them).

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    From what I saw on the MGA site:

Judicial Proceedings - Bill Hearing 12:00 PM - East Miller Senate Building, Room 2, Annapolis, MD

Please note bill hearings will begin at 12:00 pm. Written testimony is due by 11:00 am and witness sign-up closes at 11:15 am.

Get there as early as you can to sign up to speak (if you wish).

On the touchscreens, do NOT touch Submit until after you have paged through all the bills on which you wish to testify (circles with left or right pointing arrows in them).

The low-bidder that designed the screen layout should be forced to fix it! The bad thing is there is no way to go back! What the heck?!?

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    I’m stuck in trial all day tomorrow. But, I would love to see a mic drop with someone closing with “seriously? The founding fathers would be stacking bodies by now.” ;)

Crawls

Apr 2, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    The low-bidder that designed the screen layout should be forced to fix it! The bad thing is there is no way to go back! What the heck?!?

The system does suck.

If you accidentally hit the big blue next button rather then the small black next page arrow, you can always hit the Start Over button. It’s a pain in the ass but better than missing the opportunity to speak on a bill that’s important to you.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Thanks Eruby, but the link isn’t working:/

The link brings up a Word document.

Text:

Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee (16 Copies needed)
    SB xx
    Public Safety - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Support/Oppose

Mr. Chairman, and members of the Committee,

I am a lifelong Maryland resident and a homeowner and taxpayer.
    I am licensed to carry a handgun in over 30 other states, holding Non-Resident permits by several other states………
    I urge you to give a favorable report to SB xx.

Respectfully,

eruby
    911 Misery Avenue
    Westminster, Maryland 21157
    March x, 20xx

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Mine is much longer and hits on personal experiences etc.

But the link goes no where for me Maybe bc I’m on my phone?

dgtaurus

Feb 17, 2011
    Pasadena
    So there’s 3 to 5 bills at the senate level correct? If so I’m not sure how long the testimonies will go on for.

I’ll be at work till 5 or so but would love to come by after if it’s still going on.

It would be awesome if we have the same turn out tomorrow.

Last edited:

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    I plan to submit written testimony tomorrow, I see 16 copies are required. I really am not comfortable getting in front of the committee. Who are the copies given to? And, are they given the same credence as a verbal statement. Also, is there someone on here ( testimony vet) that I could send it to for a “peer review”?

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I just checked the schedule for tomorrow's senate hearings & it looks like SB008 (ghost guns), has been postponed, & the only bills scheduled we have issues with are 737 & 882. SB0882 looks the same as 008, can someone more knowledgeable than me verify this?

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Anyone have a Will Comply shirt? Maybe would go well with a set of blinders, ear muffs and duct tape across the mouth.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I plan to submit written testimony tomorrow, I see 16 copies are required. I really am not comfortable getting in front of the committee. Who are the copies given to? And, are they given the same credence as a verbal statement. Also, is there someone on here ( testimony vet) that I could send it to for a “peer review”?

I encourage everyone to sign up to testify for each bill, even if you only say, "My name is ChrisD, and I oppose this bill, thank you."

If you saw any of the House footage, you know you won't be standing alone in front of them. You'll be among friends for moral support ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom