• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What's your prefered carry position while driving in a car?

• Right hip (righthanded)

Votes: 20 48.8%
    • Left hip (right handed cross draw)

Votes: 1 2.4%
    • Right hip (left handed cross draw)

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • left Hip (left handed)

Votes: 3 7.3%
    • Shoulder holster (or similar)

Votes: 3 7.3%
    • holster under steering wheel

Votes: 4 9.8%
    • other

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Every BODY is different but i've tried an AIWB holster for my Springfield XDM Compact (3.8"). i THINK that's comparable to G19 in size.. It's amazing while standing.. sitting down is.. different. i have to loosen the pants up and almost rest the muzzle on my pelvic bone to be tolerable more than 10 minutes. This is assuming i'm sitting UP.. instead of leaning back a bit.

yes.. i do have a dad belly 6'5" 260lbs.. but i just can't seem to get this to be comfortable as an AIWB carry while sitting.

Pants that sit a little higher, and a minimalist/high riding holster helps, as does good posture. AIWB is odd in that there is usually one spot where the pistol practically dissapears, and is comfortable all day, but most any position outside of that isn't comfortable, and it has to be positioned high enough to rest aggainst your abs instead of the muzzle jamming into the inside of your thigh.

Vjornaxx

Twelve
    Mar 8, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    Keep it simple - carry the same place every time.

My on-duty and off-duty carry is right hip. Yes, it is slower to get the gun into play while seated in a vehicle when carrying concealed on the right hip. However, that time is a moot point if you're paying attention to the people around you - you're stopped at MLK & Pratt and that squeegee kid staring at you and walking towards you isn't carrying a squeegee? Maybe you should clear those garments and start to establish a good grip... and make sure he sees you watching him with your shoulder cocked.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Keep it simple - carry the same place every time.

My on-duty and off-duty carry is right hip. Yes, it is slower to get the gun into play while seated in a vehicle when carrying concealed on the right hip. However, that time is a moot point if you're paying attention to the people around you - you're stopped at MLK & Pratt and that squeegee kid staring at you and walking towards you isn't carrying a squeegee? Maybe you should clear those garments and start to establish a good grip... and make sure he sees you watching him with your shoulder cocked.

fair point. observation will buy time to clear the garmint and seat belt if needed.

i've had 5 late teens/early 20s "kids" jog up to me in an intercept path while on my motorcycle.. i noticed them and they tugged on their shirt @ the shoulders and started to come faster toward me. i checked surroundings and ran the red light (right on red) to avoid them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom