• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Seems like this thread is all about deciphering the alphabet soup the OP spat out (...with maybe a typo or two).
    Normal letter writing protocol suggests the first time acronym is used, a fully spelled out version of the name be used first.

For example: United Parcel Service (UPS). Then one can use UPS throughout the document with clarity and confidence about what is being said - that way someone would not think some is talking about the Postal Service (USPS).

This thread is a perfect example of WHY this protocol exists.

Does everyone know there is no FBA (Federal Bureau of Acronyms) that registers and ensures unique acronyms are used throughout business and government?
    Now, one reason actors and actresses take names other than their own is to maintain the unique branding of oneself. The guild requires all actors/actresses not use a name already registered.
    Acronyms are not so controlled. The perfect example is Dr. vs Dr. One is a medical professional, and one is not.

Stop trying to seem smarter, more police-like, more militaristic than the rest of us "outside the know" and say what you flipping mean. Do you not wish a decent answer to your question? BE CLEAR with your QUESTION to get a CLEAR ANSWER.

No difference between this group and a bunch of children texting, misspelling words, and "speaking" in smileys. :)

Grammar_Nazis____The_Motivator_by_ZlayaHozyayka_1323731.jpg

or is this one more appropriate?

latest

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    So are Epro's on hold or not?

If ERPOs were on hold, we’d definitely be hearing about it.

As was stated upthread, OP’s stepson is with an agency that may never serve one, due to what they actually do. Plus, the stepson has only “heard”. If it were something legit, he’d be seeing a policy directive indicating such. If anything, what he heard was an agency may be reviewing their ERPO service protocols. The Courts won’t stop issuing them unless the law is repealed/ruled unconstitutional or the supervising judge declares a hold on issuing them, which is unlikely.

The transit administration police handle buses, light rail and bus stops.

Transportation authority police handle BWI, port of baltimore, bay bridge and parts of 95, 695, 895 and some other highways/interstates/bridges/tunnels.

Does any of that sound like either agency would handle service of any ERPOs?

At best, they may find out a person has an ERPO that needs to be served, by checking NCIC. Then, they’d have to contact the jurisdiction that has the order or the court that issued it, try to obtain it and then serve it. More than likely, that’s not going to happen. Let’s say a worker on one of the above properties had one. Then you’d still have the agency that has overall jurisdiction (city, county, state police) serve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    What? There's the bus and light rail police who are MDTA Mass Transit administration police and Maryland Transportation Authority Police MTAP who have statewide jurisdiction like state police. They used to be the "bridge police".

Or the tunnel rats as I like to call them. Only police agency in the state I have had bad encounters with.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Does any of that sound like either agency would handle service of any ERPOs?

What does servicing have to do with it????

I could certainly see the MD Transportation Authority Police requesting a 1302 on someone who spouted off threatening BWI, the Port, etc. Doesn't necessarily mean they would serve it.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    What does servicing have to do with it????

I could certainly see the MD Transportation Authority Police requesting a 1302 on someone who spouted off threatening BWI, the Port, etc. Doesn't necessarily mean they would serve it.

Servicing has everything to do with it. They won’t do it as an everyday thing. The orders, once issued are sent to the agencies that have the primary jurisdiction for where the respondent lives. You know anyone who lives at the airport, bus stops, till facilities? Nope, didn’t think so.

If you want to cherry pick a situation where those two agencies might consider applying for an order, then have at it. The amount of people who may threaten others at any of the facilities that I listed are dwarfed by the amount of orders that other agencies or citizens would apply for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    ERPO in Frederick county. November 2, December 3, and 1 so far in 2019. I’m happy that is surprisingly less than I expected. From the Office of Sheriff Chuck Jenkins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Curtis6789

Latest threads

Top Bottom