• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Looks like they've done away with the PIN. You have to fill out the application with the info from the exact gun you're buying. Wish they'd mentioned that up front.

This is within the last week or so. I guess the old method was too convenient.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    You mean you can't fill out a 77R weeks in advance, say, and have it go into the "general pool", ready to be used when you find a gun you want?

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    You mean you can't fill out a 77R weeks in advance, say, and have it go into the "general pool", ready to be used when you find a gun you want?

Sure looks that way. The email I got back did not have a PIN.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Sure looks that way. The email I got back did not have a PIN.

So I just went through the application and everything seems the same from previous submissions. I stopped before I actually submitted the application since I don’t need it.

Where are they asking for details on the firearm? On a page after you submit it or in the email from them?

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Just submitted one and received an email with a pin.

Attachments

• FA6FF6C7-6EDD-4E8C-86DD-45E321F4CB53.jpg
      FA6FF6C7-6EDD-4E8C-86DD-45E321F4CB53.jpg
      108 KB · Views: 402

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Weird, let me try it again. I've done a bunch but maybe I missed something.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Tragedy averted. Okay, so the thread title should really be "I can't type or use a mouse today".

Guess I went through the "register a gun" option. Which might happen if you like to use arrow keys to move around on a webpage, instead of the scroll bar.

Just went back and got a PIN this time. It's the same as ever.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Tragedy averted. Okay, so the thread title should really be "I can't type or use a mouse today".

Guess I went through the "register a gun" option. Which might happen if you like to use arrow keys to move around on a webpage, instead of the scroll bar.

Good because I like having a few already filled out in the event I run across a gun I need. I have two pins sitting in my email now from October for my next purchases.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown

Ok, that makes sense, you won't need a pin to register an existing gun since you aren't making a purchase. They really should have a review page at the end prior to signing that tells you every option you selected so you can make sure everything is correct.

Now I have a 77r just sitting there… guess I'll have to make a purchase now. Does this count as a panic buy? :D

magwell

Mar 19, 2015
    Looks like they've done away with the PIN. You have to fill out the application with the info from the exact gun you're buying. Wish they'd mentioned that up front.

This is within the last week or so. I guess the old method was too convenient.

Just got one back on Nov. 8 and it had the pin number. Something I thought was new were the 4 or 5 marijuana questions.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    I submitted (2) 77Rs last week for a purchase, both submitted perfectly. Received email that the first is not disapproved and I'm good to go. Waiting on the 2nd to finish before picking up. Good luck.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    One change I just noticed (have not done one since 17) is that in the past, you could go in, and Print Application to bring up a PDF, that showed the actual status. So at 4 - 5 days, it would say Not Disapproved.

Now, it says Under Review even the evening before the pick up email goes out.

Not a huge deal, but it does show the system is evolving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom