• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Have your dealer call MSP.

I called today about an application that was 7 days old with no reply and was told there had been issues with their outgoing faxes and some had never reached their intended recipients because of the glitch.

I'm in the same boat ^^^ as I have several apps that were faxed in 12/06 and have not recieved them back as of the evening of 12/12; hopefully they'll be waiting for me today 12/13 when I get in the shop.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Have your dealer call MSP.

I called today about an application that was 7 days old with no reply and was told there had been issues with their outgoing faxes and some had never reached their intended recipients because of the glitch.
    Gotta love the "well, we had errors, oh well..."

Most companies would research the errors and validate that the intended recipients did, in fact, receive the information once the "glitch" was identified...that would normally be considered to be the resolution step in the troubleshooting cycle. Not in this state of "we'll just delay until someone complains, then make up an excuse to delay some more".

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    I've bought a lot of guns over the years from different FFL's who must have went to the same training class...

My rule of thumb (to keep myself calm) is that the MSP doesn't get the fax until the day after I do the paperwork & that Saturdays & Sundays don't count...

I've never been been disappointed by those expectations...

However on some of my earlier purchases, I was sent home several times when I showed up on actual day 8...

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The shops I buy from are the next week, the day after the day I fill out the paperwork release.

8th day after paperwork filled out. I do not know if they fax later that same day.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    The shops I buy from are the next week, the day after the day I fill out the paperwork release.

8th day after paperwork filled out. I do not know if they fax later that same day.

So as long as there's no holidays involved and my shop schedule cooperates, I fax the application the same day as when it's filled out so the customer can pick up on the eighth day. However this is NOT the case with gun show applications as they are faxed in on Sunday late afternoon/early evening, so there will generally be a 12 to 13 day wait for pickup from gun show applications as per my shop schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom