• JDMgunner

Nov 26, 2014
    hqdefault.jpg

The waiting is the hardest part...

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Thank you. That is a good start. Where can I find the part about Sundays and holidays? I'm sorry, looking at that legal mumbo jumbo is more than I can handle.

A regulated firearm can be released on the eighth day with the first day being counted as when the application was successfully faxed to MSP L&R. There are a few exceptions to this:

1. If the eighth day is a Sunday, it cannot be released until Monday providing that Monday is NOT a legal holiday, and if it is, then Tuesday it is good to go.

2. If there is a legal holiday within the count of those eight days, it cannot be released until the ninth day providing that day is not a legal holiday or Sunday.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Where's this new FFL located? Somewhere I could stop in my traveling up that way?
    they actually have been there for awhile, they had their regulated license for awhile, dropped it, then as Mooseman told me they have now acquired it again.

Main Street Frostburg. They don't have much there. They have the majority of there stock in their WV shop.

Hopefully they will put some stuff in that shop, that way I don't have to run to West Virginia to browse, that's one hell of a haul for me.:innocent0:D

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    From Maryland Rule 1-203 "Time":

(b) Computation of time before a day, act, or event.- In determining the latest day for performance of an act which is required by these rules, by rule or order of court, or by any applicable statute, to be performed a prescribed number of days before a certain day, act, or event, all days prior thereto, including intervening Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, are counted in the number of days so prescribed. The latest day is included in the determination unless it is a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday, in which event the latest day is the first preceding day which is not a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    From Maryland Rule 1-203 "Time":

Quote:
    (b) Computation of time before a day, act, or event.- In determining the latest day for performance of an act which is required by these rules, by rule or order of court, or by any applicable statute, to be performed a prescribed number of days before a certain day, act, or event, all days prior thereto, including intervening Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, are counted in the number of days so prescribed. The latest day is included in the determination unless it is a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday, in which event the latest day is the first preceding day which is not a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday.

That's what Lou said...

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Guys, thanks for all of your help. I appreciate it. I emailed Licensing last night. When I checked my email early this morning I had a reply from Cpl. Edwards. It was clear and concise. I have had a few dealings with Cpl. Edwards in the past and he has always been very helpful. He seems like a good guy.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    they actually have been there for awhile, they had their regulated license for awhile, dropped it, then as Mooseman told me they have now acquired it again.

Hopefully they will put some stuff in that shop, that way I don't have to run to West Virginia to browse, that's one hell of a haul for me.:innocent0:D

Just drive your lazy ass down here. We will shoot and have lunch. :D

Corpsegrinder

Jul 14, 2013
    I hate the dreaded wait. I was hoping that with the implementation of the HQL MD would at least get rid of "The Wait". One can only dream.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    A regulated firearm can be released on the eighth day with the first day being counted as when the application was successfully faxed to MSP L&R. There are a few exceptions to this:

1. If the eighth day is a Sunday, it cannot be released until Monday providing that Monday is NOT a legal holiday, and if it is, then Tuesday it is good to go.

2. If there is a legal holiday within the count of those eight days, it cannot be released until the ninth day providing that day is not a legal holiday or Sunday.

Tell me if this is correct:

Sundays and legal MD holidays count as waiting days, just can't be the release day

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    They seem to be a little slow on the approvals - mine is in the 4th day and nothing yet

Have your dealer call MSP.

I called today about an application that was 7 days old with no reply and was told there had been issues with their outgoing faxes and some had never reached their intended recipients because of the glitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom